New Providence (NJT station)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)|
The New Providence station on a rainy April day in 2010. The station just completed restoration nine days prior to the photo's taking.
|Address||803 Old Springfield Avenue
New Providence, NJ
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 986
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Passengers (2012)||558 (average weekday)|
New Providence Station is a New Jersey Transit station in New Providence, New Jersey along the Gladstone Branch of the Morris and Essex line. The original 1899 station, built by the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad still stands.
New Providence Station is located across from the intersection of Old Springfield Avenue and Division Avenue. Springfield Avenue was rerouted north of the station in 1931. The former segment of Springfield Avenue on the opposite side of the tracks has been turned into an additional parking lot.
|■Gladstone Branch||toward Gladstone (Murray Hill)|
|■Gladstone Branch||toward New York or Hoboken (Summit)|
- "Morris and Essex Timetables". Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- Union County Road 512; Springfield Avenue over Gladstone Line (UglyBridges.com)
- NJT rail station information page for New Providence
- DepartureVision real time train information for New Providence
- Morris and Essex Line schedule (Morristown Line & Gladstone Branch)
|This New Jersey train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|