New Puskás Ferenc Stadium
The New Puskás Ferenc Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium set to be built in Budapest, Hungary. The stadium's construction will start sometime in 2015 and will be finished by 2018. It will be used mainly for football matches. The Stadium is planned to be all-seater with a capacity of 67,889. The Hungarian Football Federation will meet all UEFA and FIFA stadium requirements and expects to be awarded the 5-star rating when construction is finished.
On 1 August 2014, the Nemzeti Sport Központ (the National Sports Center) presented the final vision of Hungary’s new national stadium. Renowned Hungarian architect György Skardelli, author of the nearby indoor arena, László Papp Budapest Sports Arena, revealed his greatest work to date, showing a few very interesting ideas.
On 19 September 2014, Sándor Csányi, the president of the Hungarian Football Federation, said that the fact that Budapest can host the UEFA Euro 2020 is a big achievement of the Hungarian sport diplomacy.
The new Puskás Ferenc stadium was voted the best design by Stadiumdb.com. According to stadiumdb.com, "It’s respectful for the historical context and doesn’t neglect other sports disciplines despite being football-specific. Training running track overlooking the pitch and city skyline is really imaginative, too! And though it seems to be oversized (matching Hungarian football legend instead of actual demand), it also comprises enough infrastructure to make it sustainable."
- "Labdarúgás: 90-100 milliárdból épülhet az új Puskás-stadion". Nemzeti Sport. 26 June 2014.
- "Budapest: Amazing national stadium presented in Hungary". StadiumDB.com. 1 August 2014.
- "UEFA EURO 2020 hosts: London to hold final". Uefa.com. 19 September 2014.
- "Megkaptuk! 2020-ban Eb-meccseket rendezhet Budapest!". Nemzeti Sport. 19 September 2014.
- "MLSZ: Joggal bíztunk a sikeres pályázatban - Csányi". Nemzeti Sport. 19 September 2014.
- "Recap: Best of 2014! (top 10)". Stadiumdb.com. 21 December 2014.