New Trenton is an unincorporated community in Whitewater Township, Franklin County, Indiana. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office with a ZIP Code of 47035.
New Trenton was laid out in 1816. An early settler being a native of Trenton, New Jersey caused the name to be selected. The New Trenton post office was established in 1817.
New Trenton is located at 39°18′34″N 84°54′02″W / 39.30944°N 84.90056°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "New Trenton, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- ^ Reifel, August Jacob (1915). History of Franklin County, Indiana. Windmill Publications. p. 131.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 242. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3. "...came here from New Jersey and named the village for Trenton, New Jersey."
- ^ "Franklin County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- ^ John Calvert-Magician