New Vernon is an unincorporated community located in Harding Township in Morris County, New Jersey, United States. The village is within the boundaries of Harding Township along with a portion of Green Village. It is the location of the governmental offices for Harding Township. The area is served as United States Postal Service ZIP code 07976 which is identified as being New Vernon.
As of the 2000 United States Census, the population for Zip Code Tabulation Area 07976 was 729.
Forbes magazine ranked New Vernon, New Jersey — ZIP code 07976 — as one of the 25 most "expensive" zip codes in the country.
Notable people 
Notable current and former residents of New Vernon include:
- William O. Baker (1915–2005), chairman of Bell Laboratories.
- Geraldine Rockefeller Dodge (1882–1973), philanthropist, the first woman invited to judge for the Westminster Kennel Club, a founder of the Seeing Eye Foundation, Saint Hubert's at Giralda, and the Morris and Essex Dog Club; daughter of William Avery Rockefeller, Jr.
- Marcellus Hartley Dodge, Sr. (1881–1963), philanthropist, chairman of Remington Arms Company, president of the Y.M.C.A., and the founder of the Spring Valley Hounds and its horse show; grandson of William E. Dodge Sr. a founder of Phelps, Dodge, and Company, a United States congressman (1866–67), and founding member of the Young Men's Christian Association in the United States.
- Justin Gimelstob (born 1977), professional tennis player.
- Kerry Kittles, guard for the New Jersey Nets from 1996-2004.
- Eric Mangini, head coach of the Jets from 2005-2008.
- C. Cornell Remsen, Jr., former vice president of ITT, in Manhattan
- Frederick T. van Beuren, Jr. (1875–1943), president of Morristown Memorial Hospital (1933-1943) , associate dean of the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University,  officer of the New York Academy of Medicine,  researcher at Presbyterian Hospital in Manhattan, contributor to the Annals of Surgery  and many other medical journals
- ^ "New Vernon". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2012-09-24.
- ^ The Most Expensive ZIP Codes 2006, Forbes magazine April 21, 2006
- ^ Kamin, Arthur Z. "State Becomes a Part of Celebrating Marconi's Achievements", The New York Times, October 23, 1994. Accessed July 6, 2008. "One of the council members is from New Jersey -- Dr. William O. Baker of New Vernon, the retired chairman of AT&T Bell Laboratories at Murray Hill."
- ^ Seeges, Sandy. "Last Open for Gimelstob: New Vernon tennis player has tough match in Roddick", Daily Record (Morristown), August 28, 2007. Accessed September 3, 2007. "Gimelstob, of New Vernon, will exhibit the same passion he had as a youngster when he meets fifth-seeded Andy Roddick in opening-round action at Arthur Ashe Stadium tonight."
External links