|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
Flatiron Film Company
New Video (stylized as NEWVIDEO) is an entertainment distributor and aggregator of independent digital content. It works with independent producers, filmmakers, and television networks, curating content for many types of distribution platforms, including Digital, Cable Video-on-Demand, Blu-ray, DVD, and theatrical release.
Until 2012, New Video marketed and distributed TV series and movies for A&E Home Entertainment, which includes A&E, HISTORY, and Lifetime. The New Video library includes games from Major League Baseball and storybook content from Scholastic. New Video also distributes films for Arthouse Films, Plexifilm and is the distributor of DVD and digital titles for Tribeca Film.
In 2011, New Video partnered with China Lion to distribute Chinese-language films in North America across multiple platforms. New Video was also named the exclusive aggregation partner to digital platforms for the Sundance Institute's Artist Services Initiative.
New Video co-presidents Susan Margolin and Steve Savage were honored with the 2011 Digital 25 Award by the Producers Guild of America and Variety. The award recognizes those who have made contributions to the advancement of digital entertainment and storytelling.
In 2013, New Video purchased Gaiam Vivendi Entertainment.
New Video Digital is the largest independent digital video distributor in the world. It provides over 10,000 hours of film and television to download and streaming platforms, such as iTunes, Netflix, and Hulu.
|2011||Bobby Fischer Against the World||Official Selection 2011 Sundance Film Festival||DVD|
|2011||Hell and Back Again||Winner Grand Jury Prize 2011 Sundance Film Festival, Winner Cinematography Prize 2011 Sundance Film Festival||Theatrical release|
|2011||The Last Mountain||Official Selection 2011 Sundance Film Festival||DVD & Digital|
|2011||Hot Coffee||Official Selection 2011 Sundance Film Festival, Winner Grand Jury Prize Best Documentary 2011 Seattle International Film Festival||DVD|
|2008||Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog||DVD & Digital|
|2004||Super Size Me||Digital|
|1967||Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back||DVD|
Docurama Films is a distributor of documentaries to home video. It has also expanded to digital and theatrical platforms. In 2009, it celebrated its tenth anniversary with a special screening series at the IFC Center in New York City.
Select Docurama Films releases include:
- Hell and Back Again (2011)
- The Last Mountain (2011)
- Hot Coffee(2011)
- Gasland (2010)
- The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill (2005)
- Lost Boys of Sudan (2003)
- Blue Vinyl (2002)
- The Weather Underground (2002)
- Southern Comfort (2001)
- Genghis Blues (1999)
- The Atomic Cafe (1982)
- Best Boy (1979)
- Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back (1967)
Flatiron Film Company distributes next-gen indie and foreign films, as well as web originals from Mondo Media, including Happy Tree Friends as well as Mondo's first feature length animated production, Dick Figures: The Movie. It handled US theatrical distribution for Elite Squad: The Enemy Within, Brazil's highest-grossing film of all time.
Select Flatiron Film Company releases include:
- The Guild (Season 1-4)
- Red vs. Blue (Season 1-9)
- Elite Squad: The Enemy Within (2011)
- The Secret of Kells (2009)
- Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (2008)
- "Hell and Back Again - Documentary Feature - Oscars 2012".
- "Winners and Nominees for the 83rd Academy Awards".
- "China Lion roars into North America". Variety. April 3, 2011.
- "Sundance Institute Announces Expansion of Artist Services Initiative".
- "Producer's Guild Of America In Association With Variety Honor 2011 Digital 25" (PDF).
- "Sundance 2012: Cinedigm Adds Digital Distribution".
- "About New Video Digital". New Video. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- "Docurama: 10th Anniversary Celebration". IFC Center. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- "Brazil's Oscar Bet "Elite Squad: The Enemy Within," Opening Soon in US". indieWIRE. September 26, 2011.