New Waverly is an unincorporated community in Miami Township, Cass County, Indiana.
New Waverly was laid out in 1855. It was likely named after the Waverley Novels by Sir Walter Scott. The New Waverly post office was established in 1857.
New Waverly is located at 40°45′51″N 86°11′33″W / 40.76417°N 86.19250°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "New Waverly, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ Powell, Jehu Z. (1913). History of Cass County Indiana: From Its Earliest Settlement to the Present Time. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 652.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 242. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3. "Probably the name is for Sir Walter Scott's popular Waverly novels..."
- ^ "Cass County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 29 August 2014.