New York State Department of Health
|Department executive||Howard A. Zucker, Commissioner|
|Key document||Public Health Law|
The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) is the department of the New York state government responsible for public health. It is headed by the Health Commissioner, a position held January 24, 2011 through May 4, 2014 by Nirav R. Shah, M.D., M.P.H.. Since May 4, 2014, Howard A. Zucker, M.D., J.D. has been the acting commissioner.
- New York State Department of Mental Hygiene
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Wadsworth Center, the research-intensive public health laboratory of the New York State Department of Health
- New York State Department of Health, 1901-2001: A Century of Building Healthier Communities: Commemorative Journal
- Public Health Law § 200. "There shall continue to be in the state government a department of health. The head of the department shall be the commissioner of health of the state of New York."
- Public Health Law § 201
- New York State Department of Health. "Commissioner biography"
|This New York-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|