From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up new yorker in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
New Yorker may refer to:
- A person who was born, raised, and resides in New York City (NYC). It mostly refers to Manhattan (the city), but also extends to the boroughs (Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island), and usually to those in nearby Nassau County, Long Island (on the border of Queens).
- A person who was born and raised in NYC, but resides elsewhere now. Oftentimes native New Yorkers move nearby in the tri-state area (NY, especially Westchester and Long Island, New Jersey, and Connecticut). A person born and raised in NYC, but lives anywhere else is still a New Yorker.
- A person who lives in NYC, but was not born and raised in New York City (see Demographics of New York City) is not a (native) New Yorker, but a transplant to NY. A person who moves to NYC from Boston, for instance, is still considered a Bostonian by native New Yorkers. This person is also known as a NYC resident.
- The New Yorker, a magazine
- A predecessor newspaper to Horace Greeley's New York Tribune
- NewYorker, a German fashion company
- The New Yorker Hotel
- Chrysler New Yorker, a car
- the New Yorker (NKP train), a train operated by the New York, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad between Chicago and Buffalo
- the New Yorker (PRR train), a train operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad between New York and Detroit
- The New Yorkers, a musical by Cole Porter
- a train operated by Amtrak as part of the Clocker service
- A nickname for the Chihuahua
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.