New Zealand at Miss World
The peak of the national pageant's popularity was in the 1980s when the event was televised on TVNZ. Interest waned in the 1990s as the contests suffered from political correctness, faced opposition from feminists and struggled to gain sponsorship. From 2005-2007 no national pageant was held; in 2007 an Auckland community trust bought the franchise and the pageant was held to select the country's representative to Miss World 2008 was held in May 2008.
|2007||Stephanie Maria Dods||Auckland|
|2005||Kay Anderson||Auckland||Top 15 Beach Beauty|
|2003||Melanie Paul||North Shore||Top 20|
|1997||Lauralee Martinovich||Christchurch||1st runner-up|
|1991||Lisa Maree de Montalk||Semi-finalist|
|1990||Adele Kenny||4th runner-up|
|1988||Lisa Corban||3rd runner-up|
|1986||Lynda Marie McManus||3rd runner-up|
|1985||Sheri LeFleming Burrow|
|1982||Susan Jane Mainland|
|1980||Vicky Lee Hemi||Fifth runner-up|
|1978||Lorian Dawn Tangney|
|1977||Michele Jean Hyde|
|1964||Lyndal Ursula Cruickshank||4th runner-up|
|1963||Elaine Miscall||1st runner-up|
|1962||Maureen Te Rangi Rere I Waho Kingi||Rotorua|
|1961||Leone Mary Main|
|1956||Jeannette de Montalk|
The delegates who represented New Zealand at Miss World 1991-1995 also represented New Zealand at Miss Universe the year after they competed at Miss World. The only one of these delegates to place at Miss World was Lisa Marie de Montaulk, who was a semi-finalist in both pageants.
- "Miss NZ contests will continue, say organisers". The Dominion. 1998-10-24. p. 3.
- Donovan, Brooke (2008-05-03). "Beauty pageant re-appears after modern makeover". New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 2008-05-19.
- Cody Yerkovich was crowned Miss World New Zealand 2010
- A Beauty Therapist crown Miss World New Zealand 2009
- "The most beautiful woman in the world". Scoop. 2008-05-04.
- "Stunning Kay on De-Sex Mission". New Zealand Truth. 2006-12-12.
- Bates, Jo (2003-12-21). "TAKE TWO - Amber Peebles, 20, and Rachel Huljich, 19, entered Miss World New Zealand in 2002....". Sunday Star-Times.
- Russell, Bruce (2003-12-17). "Miss NZ Melanie Paul placed in final 20 of 100 entrants at Miss World contest-held in Communist China". IRN News.
- "PM backs calls for NZ to boycott Miss World". New Zealand Herald. 2002-09-17.
- "Miss World not a degrading contest, says Miss NZ". New Zealand Press Association. 1999-12-02.
- "What Others are Saying". The Evening Post. 1998-11-26.
- "Beauty Queen Back in NZ". The Dominion. 1997-11-27.