Newberry County Airport
|Newberry County Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KEOE – FAA LID: EOE|
|Serves||Newberry, South Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||570 ft / 174 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Newberry County Airport (ICAO: KEOE, FAA LID: EOE, formerly 27J) is a county-owned public-use airport in Newberry County, South Carolina, United States. It is located three nautical miles (6 km) north of the central business district of Newberry, South Carolina.
The airport was built in 1946 with two grass runways. The current asphalt runway was constructed in October 2008.
Facilities and aircraft
Newberry County Airport covers an area of 196 acres (79 ha) at an elevation of 570 feet (174 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 4/22 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,000 by 75 feet (1,219 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending October 9, 2009, the airport had 12,100 aircraft operations, an average of 33 per day: 99% general aviation and 1% military. At that time there were 17 aircraft based at this airport: 82% single-engine, 6% multi-engine and 12% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for EOE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- "Newberry County Airport (FAA: EOE, ICAO: KEOE)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- Airport page at Newberry County website
- Newberry County Airport (EOE) information from SC Division of Aeronautics
- Aerial image as of 1 March 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for EOE, effective April 3, 2014
- Resources for this airport: