Newcastle University Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering
|Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering|
|Established||1871 as the College of Physical Science|
|Pro-Vice-Chancellor||Professor Steve Homans|
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne & Wear, England|
The University of Newcastle upon Tyne Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) is a faculty of Newcastle University. It was established in the city of Newcastle upon Tyne as the College of Physical Science in 1871, for the teaching of physical sciences, and was part of Durham University. It existed until 1937, when it joined the College of Medicine to form King's College, Durham.
The Faculty is structured around ten academic Schools, two Research Institutes and a number of Research Centres and Networks.
In its current form, the Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering contains ten schools:
- School of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
- School of Biology
- School of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Materials
- School of Chemistry
- School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
- School of Computing Science
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- School of Marine Science and Technology
- School of Mathematics and Statistics
- School of Mechanical and Systems Engineering
Research and degrees
The faculty offers over sixty undergraduate degrees, postgraduate degrees and research opportunities. £4 million is received annually[not in citation given] for research from over forty organisations including:
- The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- The European Union
- The Environment Agency
- The Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
- The Royal Society
- "Faculty Team Profiles". SAgE (Newcastle University). Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Faculty of Science Agriculture and Engineering". SAgE (Newcastle University). Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Academic Schools". SAgE (Newcastle University). Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Research". SAgE (Newcastle University). Retrieved 2008-09-05.
- "History". Newcastle University.
- Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering at Newcastle University
- SAgE Research Directory at Newcastle University