From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Newfoundland in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Newfoundland was a province of Canada from 1949 to 2001, now known as Newfoundland and Labrador.
Newfoundland may also refer to:
- Newfoundland (island), an island in Newfoundland and Labrador
- Colony of Newfoundland, an English and later British colony from 1583 to 1907
- Dominion of Newfoundland, a self-governing dominion of the British Empire from 1907 to 1949
- Ukasiksalik Island, on Davis Inlet, Labrador, also known as Newfoundland Island
- Newfoundland, Kentucky
- Newfoundland, New Jersey
- Newfoundland, Pennsylvania
- Newfoundland Mountains, of Utah, in the Great Salt Lake Desert
- Newfoundland (London), proposed residential skyscraper development
- HMS Newfoundland (59), a Royal Navy cruiser
- HMHS Newfoundland, a British Royal Mail Ship that became a hospital ship in the Second World War and was sunk in the Mediterranean
- SS Newfoundland, a sealing ship that lost many crew in a disaster in 1914
- New Found Land, a book by John Christopher
- Dirty Linen and New-Found-Land, a pair of plays by Tom Stoppard that are always performed together
- Newfoundland: Journey Into a Lost Nation, a non-fiction book by Michael Crummey
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.