Newfoundland general election, 1842
The 4th Newfoundland general election was held in 1842 to elect members of the 3rd General Assembly of Newfoundland in the Dominion of Newfoundland. The elected assembly with 15 members and the appointed Legislative Council with 10 members were combined into a unicameral legislature.
Members of the House of Assembly
- St. John's District
- Conception Bay District
- Ferryland District
- Placentia and St. Mary's District
- Burin District
- Fortune Bay District
- Trinity Bay District
- Bonavista Bay District
- Robert Carter Conservative
- Fogo District
Members of the Legislative Council
- James Simms Attorney General
- James Crowdy Colonial Secretary
- John Dunscombe
- William Thomas
- Patrick Morris Colonial Treasurer
- William Bickford Row
- James Tobin
- Joseph Noad Surveyor General
- Charles Fox Bennett
- John Kent
- "Journal of the General Assembly of Newfoundland : anno sexto Victoriæ ... 1st session of the third General Assembly". 1843. p. 6. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- "Representative Government, 1832-1855". Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage. Memorial University. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- "Journal of the General Assembly of Newfoundland : anno septimo Victoria regina ... second session of the third General Assembly". 1844. p. 6. Retrieved 2009-10-23.