|Key people||Jim Read (Managing director)
Chloe Read (Managing director)
|Products||Clocks, Mirrors, Photoframes|
Newgate Clocks is a British company that design and manufacture decorative wall, mantel and alarm clocks for the home and gift industry. Owned by Jim and Chloe Read and based in Oswestry, Shropshire in the United Kingdom, Newgate Clocks sells to high end department stores such as Selfridges and John Lewis.
In 2008 Newgate Clocks took over the use of a disused Laura Ashley factory unit in Oswestry that urgently needed repairing and full refurbishment. As a result, Newgate called in the support of the Rural Regeneration Zone’s Redundant Buildings Grant (RBG) Scheme. They received a £62,000 RGB grant and moved to the new premises in September 2008.
Clocks manufactured by the company have appeared on the BBC's EastEnders. In January 2010, the firm were awarded a 'Business Opportunity Grant' from British Airways in order to assist their breakthrough into the American Market.
- "Help at hand for Newgate Clocks as they make big move", Birmingham Post, 11 August 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Advantage West Midlands, 10 August 2009
- Rural Regeneration Zone Summer 09 PDF Newsletter
- "Newgate Clocks brings part of its manufacturing back from China", BBC News, 10 October 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2014.
- Telegraph Jan 28 2010[broken citation]