Newmarket Bus Terminal
|Address||320 Eagle Street West,
|Structure type||Waiting room and public washrooms|
|Station code||GO Transit: NMKT|
Newmarket Terminal is a bus terminal in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada located at 320 Eagle Street West at the intersection of Eagle Street West and Davis Drive. The facility has 447 parking spaces. The Newmarket GO Train Station is located a little over two kilometres to the east along Davis Drive.
The Newmarket Terminal includes a convenience store in its interior facility providing various amenities for transit riders. It is also one of the facilities which offers MultiRide (10 tickets) or monthly passes for the York Region Transit and Viva bus systems.
This bus terminal was originally built circa 1970 by GO Transit as the northern terminal for their "B" service on Yonge Street as well as the southern terminal of their services to Barrie. The original site was at the intersection of Yonge street Davis Drive and moved to the present location in the [1980s]. The building and grounds were upgraded in 2005 and 2006 and continues to be shared by GO and YRT/Viva.
A body was found in January 2010, causing temporary transit disruptions.
All routes are YRT unless indicated otherwise.
- Platform 1: 65 East Gwillimbury (GO)
- Platform 2: 65 Union Station (GO)
- Platform 3: 66/66A Yorkdale (GO)
- Platform 4: 68 Bradford/Barrie (GO)
- Platform 5: 44 Bristol, 55/55B Davis, 58 Mount Albert
- Platform 6: 98/98E Yonge
- Platform 7: 52 Holland Landing, 57/57A Mulock
- Platform 8: 56 Gorham-Eagle
- Platform 9: Viva Blue southbound
- Platform 10: 22A King City, 520/521 Newmarket Community Bus
- Platform 11: 50 Queensway
Media related to Newmarket Bus Terminal at Wikimedia Commons