|New Wakefield Trinity Wildcats Stadium, Wakefield & District Community Stadium|
|Location||Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England|
|Operator||Wakefield & District Community Trust|
|Construction cost||£19 million|
|Wakefield Trinity Wildcats|
Newmarket Stadium is the proposed home for Wakefield Trinity Wildcats in Stanley, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England. It will replace Belle Vue which has been home to the rugby league club for over 100 years.
Outline planning permission was received from Wakefield Metropolitan District Council's planning department. With full funding for the project secured, the project looked set to begin early in 2011, however the Secretary of State decided to hold a public inquiry, the results of which will be known in 2012. If approved, construction could begin later in 2012. With a 46 week construction schedule the developers, York Court Properties, could hand over the stadium to the Wakefield & District Community Trust Board of Directors by mid-2013. 
The proposed new stadium for Wakefield Trinity Rugby League Club was given the go ahead by The Secretary of States office after the results of a one sided Public Inquiry were published.
Developers York Court Properties will now complete the necessary land transactions before filing an application for Full Planning Permission. It is expected that construction of the new stadium will begin sometime in 2013 and a proposed handover to Wakefield Trinity will occur in time for the 2015 Super League season.
- Stadium Given Government Backing After Public Inquiry
- Wakefield Councilor expresses disappointment at Public Inquiry
- Public Inquiry Blow to Wildcats Stadium schedule
- BBC NEWS - Wildcats Announce new Stadium Plans
- Wakefield Express - Sir Rodney Walkers stadium update
- Wakefield public back New Stadium Development with 10,000+ signature petition
- Wakefield & District Community Trust
- New Stadium site plan PDF
- New Stadium Prospectus PDF