|Products||Travel Products, Press, Convenience Items, Books, Music|
NewsLink Pty Ltd (or LS travel retail Asia Pacific - formerly known as Lagardère Services Asia Pacific) is an Australian company responsible for providing convenience items and travel products in airports and railway stations in Australia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, and Fiji.
In 1994 NewsLink expanded into its first airport operations. The growth and potential of the business was soon recognised, and Newslink became the first company chosen by R. M. Williams and Australian Geographic to represent their brands in travel retail.
NewsLink became part of Hachette Distribution Services (HDS) in 2001. HDS is a worldwide company that operates an international network of media and entertainment stores and is owned by French conglomerate Lagardere. Newslink now falls under the Lagardere Service corporate umbrella.
NewsLink operates a number of chains of retail outlets, including:
- NewsLink: Newspapers, Magazines, Books, Gifts, Drinks and Snacks
- Icons: Gourmet Traveller books and magazines, Gourmet Foods, Wine, and Spirits
- RELAY: Books, Newspapers, Magazines, Gifts, and Souvenirs
- Hub Convenience: Convenience Items - Snacks and Drinks
- TimesNewsLink: Books, and Magazines
- Kaboom: Children's Toys, Games, Educational products, activity packs, Books, Multimedia and Confectionery.
- Bijoux Terner: Everything is $20 - Watches, Sunglasses, Costume Jewellery, Silk Ties, Handbags, Scarves, and various other accessories.
- Discover: Australian gifts and souvenirs
- Watermark: Books with integrated Cafe
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2006)|