|Launched||27 March 2008|
|Owned by||ITV Network|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||News without Noise|
|Sister channel(s)||India News|
|Dish TV||Channel 608|
|Tata Sky||Channel 519|
|Airtel Digital TV||Channel 310|
|Big TV||Channel 460|
|DD Direct Plus||Channel 51|
NewsX is a 24-hour English news television channel in India. It is owned and operated by ITV Network. NewsX has been created as a news channel for the 21st century global Indian. The channel combines the depth and coverage of print journalism with the quality of international television production.
NewsX's editorial philosophy is to present news in a non-biased, non-partisan manner, with an emphasis on facts, not opinions.
NewsX focuses on providing viewers with the widest possible spectrum of stories, from across domestic politics, to international affairs, human interest, business, sport, entertainment, culture, and lifestyle.
The NewsX team brings together eminent professionals from India and around the world, and the channel boasts of a wealth of journalistic and production talent. Launched on March 27th, 2008, the channel has already won various national and international awards.
NewsX takes pride in its tone, and look & feel. It focuses on news and stays away from hysteria and sensationalism. Our goal is to engage viewers, not enrage them.
Currently owned by Kartikeya Sharma and spearheaded by Editor-in-Chief, Rahul Shivshankar the channel’s market share has grown at a whopping rate in the past one year. NewsX has now established itself among India’s top 3 English news channels and is the channel of choice for young, urbane and affluent viewers.
- 28 March 2008 - The channel was launched by the INX Network, which was then headed by Indrani Mukerjea. NewsX was founded by former STAR India CEO Peter Mukerjea as part of INX Media. Peter Mukerjea founded INX Media launching news channel News X, entertainment channel 9X and music channel 9XM.
- 9 January 2009 - NewsX (INX News Pvt Ltd, part of the Peter Mukerjea, Indrani Mukerjea - owned INX Network) was purchased by Indi-Media Network, a partnership between the NaiDunia promoter and CEO Vinay Chhajlani and former Businessworld editor Jehangir S Pochaa.
- July 2012 - Kartikeya Sharma led ITV network (Information TV Private Limited) (India News) acquired News X.
- NewsX is India’s only free to air English news channel.
- ITV network also owns hindi news channel India News, four regional news channels (India News Haryana, India News Madhya Pradesh Chhattisgarh, India News Rajasthan, India News Uttar Pradesh), weekly english newspaper 'The Sunday Guardian' and daily hindi newspaper 'Aaj Samaaj'.
- Best English channel of the Year - Exchange4media News Broadcasting Awards (ENBA) 2014.
- Best Investigative Feature – NT Awards 2012.
- Film & Television Reporting – Ramnath Goenka Awards for Excellence in Journalism 2010.
- Environmental Reporting - Ramnath Goenka Awards for Excellence in Journalism 2010.
- The Best News Documentary of the Year – Indian News Broadcasting Awards 2010.
- News Reporter & Videographer Of the Year 2009 by Indian News Broadcasting Awards (4 Nominations)
- Pioneering Initiatives in Digital Technology 2008 by NT Special Award
- Best News/Current Affairs Promo 2008 by Silver Promax Award - Singapore
The channel's management includes:
- Kartikeya Sharma – Chairman and MD, ITV Network; Kartikeya is one of the youngest, dynamic, visionary media entrepreneurs in India. He is an Oxford graduate with Masters in Business Administration from King’s College, London.
- Rahul Shivshankar – Editor-in-Chief, NewsX, formerly executive editor with Headlines Today
- Sanjay Dua – Group Chief Revenue Officer, ITV Network & CEO NewsX; Sanjay is a seasoned media veteran and has been part of many successful launches like CNN-IBN, IBN7, IBN-Lokmat, and HISTORY-TV18 at Network18. Dua is a management graduate from Lucknow University and holds a management degree from Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA).
- Dilip Venkatraman – Group COO - Strategy, ITV Network; Dilip is the former award winning CEO of CNN-IBN & IBN7. He is a Graduate in Public Administration, and has completed his management Programme from IIM Bangalore, and the Advanced Management Program from the Harvard Business School, Boston.
- Arun Aggarwal – Group Chief Financial Officer, ITV Network; Arun is a finance veteran in the media industry with over 25 years experience in financial management. Arun is a Chartered Accountant,Company Secretary and a Law Graduate.
- Savvy Dilip – Group Chief Marketing Officer, ITV Network; Savvy was the Vice President – Marketing at TV18 where she was responsible for the marketing operations of CNN-IBN & IBN7. She has done her executive management program from IIM-Bangalore and has completed the Advanced Management Program from the Harvard Business School in Boston, USA.
- Athar khan
- Priya Sahgal
- Sahar Zaman
- Jujhar Singh
- Rishabh Gulati
- Meghna Deka
- Pratyush Dubey
- Morning Edition: 8 am - 9 am IST, one hour morning news bulletin, with a wrap of top news and developing stories of the day.
- Prime Edition: 6 pm - 6.30 pm IST, first window into prime time, the show picks up a story and introduces the first debate of the evening. Interactivity empowers the viewers by giving them a platform to be heard, through tweets and call-ins.
- The Big Story: 7.30 pm - 8 pm IST, breaks through the clutter and has at its prime focus one or two of the biggest story of the day.
- News Point: 8 pm - 8.30 pm IST, breaks an exclusive story every day. The story is put out and then debated with an expert panel.
- Capital Stories: 8.30 pm - 9 pm IST, puts the spotlight on state capitals and metros, highlighting four main stories of the day.
- Nation @ 9: 9 pm - 10 pm IST, Anchored by Editor-in-Chief Rahul Shivshankar. Rahul engages the viewers and the opinion leaders in a crisp debate and brings out every nuance of the key stories of the day.
- The News Hub: 10 pm - 11.30 pm IST, a comprehensive news bulletin on all the happenings of the day for the discerning viewers who might miss and want to catch up with the top stories of the day at one go.
- That's Entertainment: 11.30 pm - 12 am IST, a daily wrap of Bollywood and Hollywood stories and gossip.
- Flashback: a weekly half-hour show captures the magic of Indian cinema and revisits the timeless stories of the legendary stars who have captivated the big screen and the lives of millions, with their talent and charm.
- Box Office Fever: a weekly half-hour show featuring movie reviews, interviews with Bollywood celebrities.
- Cover Story by Priya Sahgal: a weekly political TV news magazine featuring interviews with political leaders.
- Story Unfolds by Priya Sahgal: a weekly show on the relevant political topics of the week.
- Art Talk with Jujhar Singh: a weekly interview and demonstrations show, with musicians, dancers, artists and photographers of India.
The channel targets the SEC AB viewers in the 25-44 age group and has repeatedly had the highest number of viewers in this TG. It was the most watched English News channel in 2013 according to the TAM ratings, with highest Time Spent per Viewer. Its TAM All India was over 1 million, including six metros, CS males 25-44 AB, Week 19 to Week 39, 2013, combined GVTs and average TSPV.
- "Peter Mukherjee's NewsX channel slated for major launch". Yahoo! News.
- "ITV Media acquires NewsX for an undisclosed sum". business-standard.com.
- "NaiDunia, Pocha buy NewsX". indiantelevision.org.in.
- "ITV Media (India News) Acquires Engish News Channel NewsX". medianama.com.
- "UPDATED: Kartikeya Sharma-led Information TV buys out NewsX". www.exchange4media.com.
- "ITV Media (India News) Acquires Engish News Channel NewsX". www.medianama.com.
- "ITV Media acquires NewsX for an undisclosed sum". Business Standard.
- "NewsX win news channel of the year (English) at ENBA". exchange4media.com.
- "NewsX win news channel of the year (English) at ENBA". itimes.com.
- "NewsX win news channel of the year (English) at ENBA". rediff.com.
- "Kartikeya Sharma, MD-ITV Network, speaks on the occasion of ENBA Award". youtube.com.
- "News Television Awards 2012". NT Awards.
- "Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards: The Winners". The Indian Express.
- "Winners list". www.exchange4media.com.
- "Indian Broadcasting Awards success for MA student". www.caerdydd.ac.uk.
- "Nominees for Airtel Indian News Broadcasting Awards 2009 announced". www.exchange4media.com.
- "Special awards presented by MOVICO". NT Awards.
- "Sony, ESS fire at Promax/BDA 2008 awards". Indiantelevision.com.
- "NewsX augments leadership team". www.bestmediainfo.com.
- "Art Talk with abstract artist Prabhakar Kolte". Yahoo! News.
- "NewsX now available worldwide on mobile handsets". Afaqs!.
- "INX Media’s NewsX joins two platforms in India". www.media247.co.uk.