From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Newtonian refers to the work of Isaac Newton, in particular:
- Newtonian mechanics, also known as classical mechanics
- Newtonian telescope, a type of reflecting telescope
- Newtonian cosmology
- Newtonian dynamics
- Newtonianism, the philosophical principle of applying Newton's methods in a variety of fields
- Newtonian fluid, a fluid that flows like water—its shear stress is linearly proportional to the velocity gradient in the direction perpendicular to the plane of shear
- Non-Newtonian fluids, in which the viscosity changes with the applied shear force
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Newtonian.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.