Newville is an unincorporated community in Newville Township, DeKalb County, Indiana.
Newville was platted in 1837. It took its name from Newville Township. A post office was established at Newville in 1839, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1907.
Newville is located at 41°20′55″N 84°50′42″W / 41.34861°N 84.84500°W.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "Newville, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- ^ History of DeKalb County, Indiana: Together with Sketches of Its Cities, Villages and Towns. Inter-State Publishing Company. 1885. p. 702.
- ^ Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 242. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...called Newville for its location in Newville Township.
- ^ "DeKalb County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 3 September 2014.