Next (Indian retailer)
|Headquarters||Jogeshwari (West), Mumbai 400 102,|
Next Retail India Ltd is a subsidiary of the Videocon Industries Ltd and engages in retailing consumer electronics in India. It was founded in 2003 and currently has 600 showrooms across 25 states of India. It plans to open 400 new showrooms to increase its size to 1,000 odd retail stores by the end of the fiscal year 2010–11. In 2007 it acquired Planet M, a music and entertainment retail chain for ₹2 billion (US$32 million) from Bennett, Coleman & Co.
NEXT is a multi-brand, multi-product retail chain which stocks an entire range of consumer durables, right from Air-conditioners, FPDs (Flat Panel Displays), CTVs, Washing Machines, Refrigerators, Microwaves, Home Theatre Systems to STBs (Set Top Boxes), Mobile Phones, Gaming Consoles, small home appliances and much more! NEXT retails world’s most popular brands such as LG, Samsung, Videocon, Sony, Electrolux, Kelvinator, Whirlpool, Onida, Philips, Kenstar, Sansui and its own brand.
- "Company Profile". Next.co.in. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Our Offices". Next.co.in. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Videocon takes retail roll-out to Next level – Corporate News". livemint.com. 7 May 2009. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "NEXT Retail India Ltd.: Private Company Information". Bloomberg BusinessWeek. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Videocon's NEXT Retail buys Planet M". The Financial Express. 6 November 2007. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
- "Company Official Profile". Next.co.in.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|