Next Great Baker (season 1)
|Next Great Baker (season 1)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||8|
|Original run||December 6, 2010– January 24, 2011|
|Host||Buddy Valastro Jr.|
|List of Next Great Baker episodes|
The first season of Next Great Baker was televised from December 6, 2010 to January 24, 2011 on TLC. During this season, the last contestant standing would win $50,000 cash, a Chevrolet Cruze and an apprenticeship at Buddy's bakery, Carlo's Bake Shop in Hoboken, New Jersey.
Each episode opens with the contestants engaged in a foodfight, with each contestant introduced. Near the end, Buddy enters the kitchen from his office, saying "This is gonna get ugly!", only to be clobbered in the face by a piece of cake.
Ten chefs competed in the competition.
|Brian Stevens||37||Owner of Crazy Cakes Inc.; Senior Artist for Sony Online Entertainment||Austin, Texas|
|Corina Elgart||32||Owner of "taste", a specialty cake shop in Syosset, New York||Huntington, New York|
|Dana Herbert||34||Owner and Pastry Chef of Desserts By Dana; Head Chef of the Delaware River and Bay Authority||Bear, Delaware|
|Greggy Soriano||26||Wedding Cake Designer and Owner of Cake Lush||Jersey City, New Jersey|
|Jay Qualls||42||President and Cake Designer of Maples Wedding Cakes||Nashville, Tennessee|
|Joseph "Joe" Glaser||47||Pastry Chef/Owner, La Bella Torte||Brooklyn, New York|
|Johanna Lyons||29||Co-owner, Sugar Plum Bakery||Hanson, Massachusetts|
|Kendra Jordan||31||Sixth Grade English Teacher||Emporia, Virginia|
|Megan Rountree||23||Owner of Legacy Cakes||Keller, Texas|
|Pamela Ahn||29||Electrical Engineer; Owner of PamCakes||Alexandria, Virginia|
|Place||Contestant||Episode 1||Episode 2||Episode 3||Episode 4||Episode 5||Episode 6||Episode 7||Episode 8|
- (WINNER) This baker won the competition.
- (RUNNER-UP) This baker was the runner-up of the competition.
- (THIRD) This baker place third overall in the competition.
- (WIN) The baker(s) won the challenge.
- (HIGH) The baker(s) had one of the best cakes for that challenge, but did not win.
- (IN) The baker(s) advanced to the next week.
- (LOW) The baker(s) was/were a part of the team who lost, but was not the last to move on.
- (LOW) The baker(s) had the worst cake of those who advanced, and was/were the last to move on.
- (OUT) The baker(s) was/were eliminated.
- (WD) The baker(s) voluntarily withdrew from the competition.
- Joe was invited back into the contest, but was eliminated the same week.
|Title||Original air date||Contestant
|1||1||"Celebrate Good Times, C'mon"||December 6, 2010||Kendra|
|2||2||"Do Not Pass "Go"!"||December 13, 2010||Joe|
|3||3||"Tis The Season To Be Jolly!"||December 20, 2010||Johanna|
|4||4||"It's Dyn-O-Mite!"||December 27, 2010||Pamela|
|5||5||"3-2-1 Blast Off!"||January 3, 2011||Greggy|
|6||6||"Here Comes The Bride!"||January 10, 2011||Joe|
|7||7||"Pedal To The Metal"||January 17, 2011||Brian & Jay|
|8||8||"The Big Finale!"||January 24, 2011||Corina (1) - Megan (2)|
In this 90-minute episode, the competition shifts to Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken for the final week of competition.
- "Cake Boss Gets Competitive with New Spinoff Series". TVGuide.com.
- TLC: "Next Great Baker": Meet the Contestants
- Originally participated in a Season 1 Ultimate Cake Off, in which he made a cake for Legoland California; he did not win.
- Originally appeared in Season 5 of The CW's Beauty and the Geek as the "Self-Proclaimed Gaysian".
- Cake Lush by Gregory Soriano