|Elevation||3,600 ft (1,100 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Ngora is located approximately 46 kilometres (29 mi), by road, southeast of Soroti, the largest city in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 250 kilometres (160 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda and the largest city in that country. The coordinates of the town are:1°27'27.0"N, 33°46'35.0"E (Latitude:1.457500; Longitude:33.776389).
The population census in 2002 put Ngora's population at 11,333. As of April 2013[update], the local authorities estimated the population of Ngora Town to be approximately 20,000. In 2014, the national population census put the population o Ngora at 15,086
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to its edges:
- The headquarters of Ngora District Administration
- The offices of Ngora Town Council
- Ngora Central Market
- Ngora Hospital, a 180-bed, community, missionary hospital.
- UBOS, . (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Soroti And Ngora With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Ngora With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Google, . "Location of Ngora At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- Otim, Richard (9 April 2013). "More Than 100 Latrines Destroyed". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 11 April 2014.