Niagara Falls Bridge Commission
The Niagara Falls Bridge Commission international public authority controlling three bridges between Ontario in Canada and New York in the United States. The Commission's bridges are the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge, Whirlpool Rapids Bridge and Rainbow Bridge. These bridges are in the Niagara Falls region. The Board of Commissioners has eight members, four appointed by the Ontario Premier and four by the Governor of New York State.
The authority is a class D New York State public benefit corporation, and a bi-national agency.
There are two other public entities that operate bridge cross along the Canada-US border along the Great Lakes area:
- Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority - public agency in charge of nearby Peace Bridge
- Thousand Islands Bridge Authority - public agency in charge of the Thousand Islands Bridge
There are two other bridge operators that are private:
- Detroit International Bridge Company and Canadian Transit Company - private operator of the Ambassador Bridge at Detroit-Windsor, Ontario crossing
- Sault Ste. Marie Bridge Company - railway bridge operated owned by railroad company Wisconsin Central Ltd.
- Bridge Commission Collection of Images at Niagara Falls Ont. Public Library
- Bridge Commission Queenston-Lewiston Collection at Niagara Falls Ont. Public Library
|This article about a corporation in the service industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|