Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
|Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort|
Fallsview Casino as seen from above
|Address||6380 Fallsview Boulevard
Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 7X5
|Opening date||June 2004|
|Number of rooms||374|
|Total gaming space||200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2)|
|Owner||Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation|
The Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort (commonly known as Fallsview Casino) in Niagara Falls, Ontario opened publicly on June 10, 2004. This $1 billion complex overlooks the Horseshoe Falls and is one of the most prominent features of the Niagara skyline. The site was once the transformer station building for the Ontario Power Company at the foot of Horseshoe Falls.
Construction began in 2001 and the resort opened in June 2004.
The east facade of the complex retains the walls of the terrace and front entrance of the transformer station built in 1904. The area where the transformers resided is now the Grand Hall convention halls.
At the main entrance is a water feature called 'The Teslatron'. During its first few years of functioning it featured nightly displays with added audio and lighting but over the past few years this has ceased. At street level there is a fountain that varies its height with the wind so as not to wet pedestrians and passing cars.
Facts and Figures
- Entire complex area: 2,500,000 sq ft (230,000 m2)
- Casino floor area: 200,000 sq ft (19,000 m2)
- Gaming tables: over 100; includes poker tables
- Slot machines: over 3000
- Concert Showroom (Avalon Theatre) with 1500 seats: 1
- Minimum age for gambling: 19
- Hotel rooms/suites: 374
- Heath/fitness spa area: 15,000 sq ft (1,400 m2)
- Restaurants: 18
- Wedding Chapel: 1
- Nightclubs: 1
- Galleria Shopping Centre: over 30 shops
- Parking Spots in parking garage: 3,000
- Parking Rates: $5 weekdays; $10 weekends ($30 on holiday weekends) or free with a Players Advantage Card while you are visiting the resort.
The casino has a 35-floor 374-room CAA/AAA Four Diamond hotel rising from above the casino complex.