From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Niantic Labs, or NianticLabs@Google (also known as Niantic Project), is an internal startup within Google, Inc. The Labs takes its name from a whaling vessel that came to San Francisco during the Gold Rush.
- In September 2012, Niantic came out with its first product, a free Android app called Field Trip.
- In November 2012, Ingress, an invite-only augmented reality game for Android, was launched.
- In October 2013, Ingress became an ongoing open beta accessible with Android.
- In December 2013, Ingress came out of beta on the Android platform.
- In July 2014 Niantic released Ingress on the iOS platform.
- In the future, Niantic labs will release a new game accompanying a set of books and a movie. It will be called EndGame.
- Kessler, Sarah. "Can A Startup Live Inside Google? Niantic Labs, Creators Of Field Trip And "Ingress" Try". Fast Company. Retrieved May 22, 2013.
- Upbin, Bruce. "The Niantic Project: What Is Google Up To?". Forbes. Retrieved May 22, 2013.
- Rosenblatt, Seth Google's Niantic follows Ingress with Endgame Cnet retrieved 9th Sept 2014
- Official Site - Niantic Project
- Official Site - Field Trip
- Official Site - Ingress
- Twitter - Niantic Project
- Facebook - Niantic Project
- Google+ - Niantic Project
|This video game corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|