|Owner||Pakistan Cricket Board|
|Operator||Hyderabad Cricket Association|
|Tenants||Hyderabad cricket team, Hyderabad Hawks, Pakistan|
|First Test||16 March – 21 March 1973: Pakistan v England|
|Last Test||25 November – 29 Novovember 1984: Pakistan v New Zealand|
|First ODI||20 September 1982: Pakistan v Australia|
|Last ODI||24 January 2008: Pakistan v Zimbabwe|
|As of 25 August 2009
Source: Niaz Stadium, Cricinfo
Niaz Stadium, Hyderabad is situated in the heart of once the 4th and now the 6th most populous city of Pakistan. Hyderabad has been named after Niaz Ahmed the late sports loving commoner of Hyderabad who was the motivating factor for building this stadium. The complex is in front of the 3 star Indus Hotel. The inaugural first class match was played at Niaz Stadium between South Zone v Pakistan Education Board (PEB) on 16–18 March 1962. Niaz Stadium become the 32nd first class ground in Pakistan and 2nd in Hyderabad.
Only five Tests have so far been played at Hyderabad two each against England and New Zealand and one against India. The inaugural Test match at Hyderabad took place on 16–21 March 1973 against England, and it was left drawn after big scoring England picked up 487 with Dennis Amiss scoring 158. Pakistan in reply, did even better, compiling 569 before declaring after nine wickets had fallen. Mushtaq Mohammad hit 157 and Intikhab Alam 138. England played out time by hitting 218 for 6 wickets for the match to end in a draw.
The last Test was played at Niaz Stadium, Hyderabad between Pakistan and New Zealand on 25–29 November 1984. Niaz Stadium celebrated staging this Test cricket's 1000th match with Pakistan winning the rubber with more than a day to spare. Javed Miandad became the second Pakistani after Hanif Mohammed to score a century in each innings of a Test. Niaz Stadium boasts of the fact that Pakistan never lost a Test or One-day International here.
However an international match was played on 24 January 2008 between Pakistan and Zimbabwe after ten long years. The PCB made some improvements to the stadium. People of Hyderabad were happy but some were angry too as they were not able to buy tickets for the match.
- First Test: March 16–21, 1973 – Pakistan v England
- First ODI: 20 September 1982 – Pakistan v Australia
- Highest Team Total: 581/3d by Pakistan against India on 14 January 1983.
- Lowest Team Total : 189 by India against Pakistan on 14 January 1983.
- Highest Individual Score : 280 N.O. by Javed Miandad for Pakistan against India on 14 January 1983.
- Highest partnership : 451 for the 3rd wicket by Mudassar Nazar and Javed Miandad for Pakistan against India on 14 January 1983.
- Most Wickets : 16 wickets in 3 matches by Abdul Qadir(Pakistan).
- Most Runs : 661 runs in 4 matches by Javed Miandad(Pakistan).
One Day International
- Highest team total: 267/6 by Pakistan against Sri Lanka on 8 October 1987.
- Lowest team total: 127 by Sri Lanka against Pakistan on 3 November 1985.
- Highest individual score: 115 N.O. (103 balls) by Javed Miandad for Pakistan against Sri Lanka on 15 January 1992.
- Highest partnership: 137 for the 3rd wicket by H Masakadza and T Taibu for Zimbabwe against Pakistan on 24 January 2008.
- Most Runs: 335 runs in 5 matches by Javed Miandad(Pakistan).
- Most Wickets: 7 wickets in 2 matches by Aaqib Javed(Pakistan).
- List of Test cricket grounds
- List of stadiums in Pakistan
- List of cricket grounds in Pakistan
- List of sports venues in Karachi
- List of sports venues in Lahore
- List of sports venues in Faisalabad
- "Niaz Stadium". ESPN Cricinfo. 17 June 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- Location on Wikimaps, 2009
- Archive Records from Niaz Stadium
- Pictures of the recent match between Pakistan and Zimbabwe