|Born||Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States|
|Other names||Sydni Ellis|
|Ethnicity||Danish, Irish, Italian, Welsh|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||140 lb (64 kg)|
|No. of adult films||42 as performer, 246 as director (per IAFD)|
Nica Noelle is the stage name of an American pornographic film actress and director, as well as a writer whose essays have appeared in Salon, The Huffington Post and Hustler magazine. She is the co-founder of adult film studios Sweetheart Video; Sweet Sinner; Sweet Sinema; Girl Candy Films; Rock Candy films; Hot Candy Films, and TransRomantic Films.
Noelle began her career at the age of 19, working at a psychodrama house in New York City. Afterwards, she became a columnist for underground adult magazines, but soon switched to porn after she began writing for magazines like Spread.
After performing in some scenes for the lesbian-porn studio Girlfriends Films, Noelle and Mile High Media (an adult film production/distribution company) founded rival lesbian-porn company Sweetheart Video, straight couples-themed brand Sweet Sinner, and Hollywood-inspired brand Sweet Sinema. Through November 2011, Noelle was the sole writer and director of every title from each of these companies. Each of the studios' productions are distributed through Mile High Media. Noelle received an AVN Award nomination for Director of the Year in 2010, while Sweetheart Video has also been nominated for—and won—several industry awards, as well (e.g., an AEBN Award for Most Watched Studio, in 2008). Noelle does not cast "gay-for-pay" actresses in Sweetheart Video projects; she says the actors have to be lesbian or bisexual in real life, because she feels "real lesbians [consumers] want to see real lesbians [onscreen]." However, she does also want men to enjoy watching these films.
In 2011, Noelle began directing for Mile High Media's then-new company, Sweet Sinema. However, she resigned from Mile High Media that November to sign a new deal with AEBN to create new porn brands Girl Candy Films (lesbian sex), Hard Candy Films (straight), Rock Candy Films (gay), and, TransRomantic Films (transgender). Hard Candy Films has since been renamed, Hot Candy Films.
Noelle is Irish and Welsh on her mother's side and Danish and Italian on her father's side. She has stated that her busy schedule did not allow her time to have a personal life. She has stated that she was involved with a male artist whose paintings have appeared in some of her films. In a radio interview, she said she is involved in a relationship with a man who is a retired porn performer.
Awards and nominations
|2010||AVN||Director of the Year (Body of Work)||N/A||Nominated|
|2013||Best Director - Feature||A Mother's Love||Nominated|
|XBIZ||Director of the Year - Body of Work||N/A||Nominated|
|Director of the Year - Parody||Pretty Lady||Nominated|
|XRCO||Best Director (Features)||N/A||Nominated|
|2014||XBIZ||Director of the Year - Body of Work||N/A||Pending|
|Director of the Year - Feature Release||Nobody's Daughter||Pending|
|Gay Director of the Year||N/A||Pending|
- The Journey of Nica Noelle - XBIZ.com. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- sweetheartvideo.com. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- SweetHeartVideo. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- Nica Noelle interview. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Nica Noelle at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Nica Noelle interview | XCritic. Retrieved November 26, 2011.
- Sexy Mama: An Interview with Nica Noelle | Good Vibrations Magazine. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- "AVN - Mile High Media Goes All-Girl With Sweetheart Video". Business.avn.com. 2008-02-22. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- AVN - Mile High Media Unveils New Studio, Sweet Sinema. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Behind the Scenes with Nica Noelle - Behind the Scenes. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- "Mile High Media and Director Nica Noelle Amicably Part Ways". xbiz.com.
- Nica Noelle Forms Partnership With AEBN, Launches Candy Girl, Hard Candy Films. Retrieved October 14, 2011
- Interview: Nica Noelle Talks Sweet Sinema and More | AEBN Blog. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- When Porn is Art: Director Nica Noelle Talk with Francesca, Radio 1510 NBC Boston. December 21, 2013.
- "AVN - 2012 AVN Awards Show - Past Nominees". AVN. Archived from the original on March 4, 2010. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- "AVN - 2013 AVN Awards Show - 2013 Nominees". AVN. Archived from the original on January 14, 2013. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "XBIZ Awards 2013 Presented by Fleshlight - Nominees". XBIZ. Archived from the original on January 1, 2013. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "XRCO Nominations 2013 - blog.iafd.com". Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- "XBIZ Awards - Nominees". XBIZ. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nica Noelle.|