|Born||Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States|
|Other names||Sydni Ellis|
|Ethnicity||Danish, Irish, Italian, Welsh|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||140 lb (64 kg)|
|No. of adult films||42 as performer, 242 as director (as of November 2013)|
Nica Noelle is the stage name of an American pornographic actress and adult film director, as well as a sex columnist for Hustler magazine. She is the co-founder of adult film studios Sweetheart Video, Sweet Sinner, Sweet Sinema, Girl Candy Films and Hard Candy Films.
Pre-adult film career and acting
Noelle began her career at the age of 19, working at a psychodrama house in New York City. Afterwards, she became a columnist for underground adult magazines but soon switched to porn after she began writing for magazines like Hustler and Spread.
After working for Girlfriends Films, Noelle and adult producer and distributor Mile High Media founded lesbian film company Sweetheart Video, as well as heterosexual couples-themed film company Sweet Sinner. The studios are produced and distributed through Mile High Media, Noelle wrote and directed exclusively through November 2011 for the studios. Noelle received an AVN Award nomination for Director of the Year in 2010, while Sweetheart Video has gone on to win several awards as well, including an AEBN Award for Most Watched Studio in 2008. She does not cast porn actresses that are gay-for-pay in films for Sweetheart Video; she says the actors have to be lesbian or bisexual in real life because she feels “real lesbians want to see real lesbians.” However, she does also want men to enjoy watching the films.
In 2011 Noelle began directing for Mile High Media's new studio, Sweet Sinema. However, in November 2011 Noelle parted ways with Mile High Media and signed a new deal with AEBN for the creation of new girl/girl studio Girl Candy Films and boy/girl studio Hard Candy Films.
Noelle is Irish and Welsh on her mother's side and Danish and Italian on her father's side. She was previously in a relationship with former pornographic actress Satine Phoenix, whom Noelle still refers to as her muse. She previously stated that her busy schedule did not allow her time to have a personal life, but she later revealed that she is now involved with a male artist whose paintings have appeared in some of her films. Noelle also says her top priority is talking to her fans online every day.
Awards and nominations
|2010||AVN||Director of the Year (Body of Work)||N/A||Nominated|
|2013||Best Director - Feature||A Mother's Love||Nominated|
|XBIZ||Director of the Year - Body of Work||N/A||Nominated|
|Director of the Year - Parody||Pretty Lady||Nominated|
|XRCO||Best Director (Features)||N/A||Nominated|
|2014||XBIZ||Director of the Year - Body of Work||N/A||Pending|
|Director of the Year - Feature Release||Nobody's Daughter||Pending|
|Gay Director of the Year||N/A||Pending|
- The Journey of Nica Noelle - XBIZ.com. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- sweetheartvideo.com. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- SweetHeartVideo. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- Nica Noelle interview. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- sydni ellis - porn star and director - dvd and videos and more - filmography - iafd.com - internet adult film database. Retrieved October 28, 2011.
- Nica Noelle interview | XCritic. Retrieved November 26, 2011.
- Sexy Mama: An Interview with Nica Noelle | Good Vibrations Magazine. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- "AVN - Mile High Media Goes All-Girl With Sweetheart Video". Business.avn.com. 2008-02-22. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- AVN - Mile High Media Unveils New Studio, Sweet Sinema. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- Behind the Scenes with Nica Noelle - Behind the Scenes. Retrieved November 8, 2011.
- "Mile High Media and Director Nica Noelle Amicably Part Ways". xbiz.com.
- Nica Noelle Forms Partnership With AEBN, Launches Candy Girl, Hard Candy Films. Retrieved October 14, 2011.
- Interview: Nica Noelle Talks Sweet Sinema and More | AEBN Blog. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "AVN - 2012 AVN Awards Show - Past Nominees". AVN. Archived from the original on March 4, 2010. Retrieved October 27, 2011.
- "AVN - 2013 AVN Awards Show - 2013 Nominees". AVN. Archived from the original on January 14, 2013. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "XBIZ Awards 2013 Presented by Fleshlight - Nominees". XBIZ. Archived from the original on January 1, 2013. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- "XRCO Nominations 2013 - blog.iafd.com". Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- "XBIZ Awards - Nominees". XBIZ. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nica Noelle.|