Nice Côte d'Azur Airport
|Nice Côte d'Azur Airport
Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur
|Aerial view of the airport|
|IATA: NCE – ICAO: LFMN|
|Owner/Operator||Aéroports de la Côte d'Azur (ACA)|
|Elevation AMSL||4 m / 13 ft|
|Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region in France|
|Airport data from French AIP.
French AIP at EUROCONTROL
Statistics from official airport web site.
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport (French: Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur) (IATA: NCE, ICAO: LFMN) is an airport located 3.2 NM (5.9 km; 3.7 mi) southwest of Nice, in the Alpes-Maritimes départment of France. The airport is positioned 7 km (4 mi) west of the city centre, and is the principal port of arrival for passengers to the Côte d'Azur. It is the third busiest airport in France after Charles de Gaulle International Airport and Orly Airport, both serving Paris. It is located on the western end of the Promenade des Anglais, near l'Arénas and has two terminals. Due to its proximity to the Principality of Monaco, it also serves as the city-state's airport, with helicopter service linking the principality and airport. Some airlines market Monaco as a destination via Nice Airport.
The Chamber of Commerce and the Nice Côte d'Azur industry operate the airport. The airport's director is Hervé de Place, director of the Côte d'Azur airports, which includes Côte d'Azur International Airport's cousin airport, Cannes-Mandelieu. In 2010, 9,603,014 passengers travelled through the airport, a number that increased to 10,422,073 for 2011. Nice Côte d'Azur Airport also serves as a hub for Air France.
The two airport terminals are linked by courtesy shuttle buses that also connect the car parks with the terminals. A business center is located at Terminal 1 containing eight rooms and a conference room with a capacity of 250 people. There are eight car parks, from "kiss & fly" to long term.
Buses go between the airport and the Nice railway station. Near the airport (10 minutes by foot) is the train station Nice-Saint-Augustin.
The airport covers an area of over 3.70 km2 (1.43 sq mi), with 2.70 km2 (1.04 sq mi) used by its two parallel runways and the used by two passenger terminals and a freight terminal.
The airport's theoretical capacity is 13 million passengers and 52 movements (26 landings) per hour.
- Terminal 1
- 52,000 m2 (560,000 sq ft) : (National, Schengen and non-Schengen)
- 25 gates
- Capacity: 4.5 million passengers
- Terminal 2
- 57,800 m2 (622,000 sq ft) (National, Schengen and non-Schengen)
- 29 gates
- Capacity: 8.5 million passengers
- Freight terminal
Capacity 30,000 metric tons/year
Airlines and destinations 
Cargo airlines 
operated by Exin
- PDF). AIP from French Service d'information aéronautique, effective 2 May 2013. (
- "EAD Basic". Ead.eurocontrol.int. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "Nice Côte d'Azur Airport: 2010 airport statistics" (in (French)). Societe.Nice.Aeroport.fr. Retrieved 2011-05-25.
- "Route Map" in 1993, Trans World Airlines
- "Rapport annuel des statistiques 2009" (PDF). Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur (in French). Retrieved 30 October 2011.
- "Новые рейсы авиакомпании "Россия" из Москвы в Ниццу". Новости. «Rossiya airlines» OJSC. Retrieved 5 February 2013.
- Aéroport Nice Côte d'Azur (official site) (English)
- Aéroport de Nice - Côte d'Azur (Union des Aéroports Français) (French)
- Current weather for LFMN at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for NCE at Aviation Safety Network