|Nichlas S O Vilsmark|
|Born||July 24, 1973
|Education||Jordbrugets UddannelsesCenter, Århuss|
|Parents||Viggo & Jonna Vilsmark|
Nichlas Sorren Osman Vilsmark (born 24 July 1973) is a Danish florist and teacher, living and working in London, United Kingdom. He has worked on many major events, and was Head Florist for the wedding of the Danish Crown Prince in 2004.
Life and work
He studied Floral Design 1990–1992 at Jordbrugets UddannelsesCenter, Århus. 1992–1994, he was a lecturer and teacher of Floral Design at the Jordbrugets UddannelsesCenter, (Dansk Center for Jordbrugsuddannelse), Århus.
In 2004, he was the Head Florist for the Royal Wedding of the Danish Crown Prince in Copenhagen Cathedral. Illustrations in the book Royal Flower Glory, published for the Royal Wedding, show Vilsmark creating the floral decorations and installations.
In 2007, he founded Floral Symphonies to bring Scandinavian floral design to London. In 2009, he ran a Floristry Masterclass event at the Dulwich Picture Gallery, using Dutch Golden Age paintings in the Gallery as a point of inspiration, as part of the Gallery's Art for Adults Education programme. In 2010, Floral Symphonies provided the flower table centres for the King's Fund launch of No.11 Cavendish Square.
He has a strict environmental policy, seeing care for the environment as a key responsibility, and describing flowers as a "gift from mother nature". He creates both classical and contemporary Danish floristry.
- "Our Partners", No.11 Cavendish Square. Retrieved 2014-08-05.
- "A gift from mother nature", Scan Magazine, p. 26, 9 June 2009. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- Team Vilsmark, retrieved 2009-05-28
- Jordbrugets UddannelsesCenter, Århus, retrieved 2010-03-20
- Buch, E. (2004), Royal Flower Glory, ISBN 87-990480-0-0
- "Floristry masterclass", TNT, 2009. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- "Education Art for Adults", Dulwich Picture Gallery: What's On, p. 20, January 2009. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- Hall, Tom. "The King's Fund launches No.11 Cavendish Square: gallery", Event Magazine, 22 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-30.
- The Flower & Plant Association: Ethical and Organic, retrieved 2009-06-11
- The National Maritime Museum, retrieved 2009-05-28
- Dulwich Picture Gallery, retrieved 2010-03-30
- "Christmas Design Feature", Home and Garden Magazine, 2009