Nicholas Altobelli at Good Records in Dallas, Texas (2013)
February 11, 1985 |
Fountain Valley, California, USA
|Origin||Dallas, Texas, USA|
Altobelli's debut self-released album, Waiting for the Flowers to Bloom, was released during the winter of 2008. His self-released follow up, The Regulator, was released during the spring of 2010. Shortly after the release of The Regulator, Altobelli launched his own label, Dalton Records, where he released 2011's Radio Waves and Telephone Wire. The album featured a duet with former Whiskeytown member, Caitlin Cary. Fort Worth Star Telegram/dfw.com ranked Radio Waves and Telephone Wire Number 7 for its top ten albums of 2011. Later that year he was nominated for solo act of the year by the Dallas Observer.
In the spring and summer of 2012, Altobelli went into the studio with producer, Salim Nourallah, to work on a brand new album. Unlike his previous albums, this album tends to stray away from the acoustic folk that he is known for. The album features John Dufilho and Grammy winner and nominee Joe Reyes as well as many other Dallas musicians. Without a Home was released on February 26, 2013.
Altobelli announced on his website on May 16, 2014 that his new EP, Mesocyclone, will be released on August 5, 2014.
Waiting for the Flowers to Bloom (2008)
The Regulator (2010)
Radio Waves and Telephone Wire (2011)
Without a Home (2013)
Mesocyclone [EP] (2014)
- Smyers, Darryl (18 December 2008). Observer "Nicholas Altobelli".
- Jones, Preston (14 April 2010). "Altobelli wants you to grab a sweater when you hear 'The Regulator'". Fort Worth Star Telegram/dfw.com.
- Jones, Preston. "Altobelli Not Wasting Anytime". Old 97's kick off tour, release new EP. DFW.COM.
- Dearmore, Kelly (18 August 2011). "Nicholas Altobelli". Dallas Observer.
- Jones, Preston (28 December 2011). "Best albums and concerts in DFW of 2011". Fort Worth Star Telegram/DFW.COM.
- Freeman, Pete (23 August 2011). "DOMAXXIII: Announcing Your 2011 Dallas Observer Music Awards Nominees....". Dallas Observer.
- Odom, Andy. "Nicholas Altobelli". La Mode Dallas.