19 March 1945|
|Institutions||London School of Economics
Imperial College London
|Doctoral advisor||D.G. Kendall|
After undergraduate studies in mathematics at Trinity College at the University of Oxford, he was a research student at Churchill College, University of Cambridge, where he obtained his PhD in 1969 under the spervision of David George Kendall. In 1996 he also obtained a ScD from the University of Cambridge.
He serves as Associate Editor of Expositiones Mathematicae and Obituaries Editor of the London Mathematical Society.
With C.M. Goldie and J.L. Teugels Bingham wrote the book Regular Variation; with Rüdiger Kiesel Risk-neutral Valuation: Pricing and Hedging of Financial Derivatives; with J. M. Fry Regression; with A. J. Ostaszewski Topological regular variation.
- "Imperial College". Imperial College London. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "London School of Economics". London School of Economics. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "math genealogy". Mathematics Genealogy Project. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Regular Variation". Amazon.com. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Risk Neutral Valuation". Amazon.com. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Regular Variation". Imperial College London. Retrieved November 14, 2011.