Dr Nicholas Campion
|Born||4 March 1953|
|Education||Queens' College, Cambridge: BA. School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London: MA. University of the West of England, PhD.|
Nicholas Campion (born 4 March 1953, Bristol, England), is an astrologer and is a historian of astrology and cultural astronomy. He is the author of a number of books and currently pursues an academic career.
Campion is a former Daily Mail astrologer. He was president of the Astrological Lodge of London from 1985–7 and of the Astrological Association of Great Britain from 1994–99. He published a number of books on the practice of astrology between 1987 (The Practical Astrologer) and 2004 (The Book of World Horoscopes).
History of Astrology and Cultural Astronomy
Concurrently with his activities as an astrologer Campion researched and published on the history of astrology and cultural astronomy. His book on millenarianism, The Great Year (1994) was described by Daily Telegraph journalist, Damian Thompson, as ‘a monumental study of historical schemes’. In 1997 he founded the peer-reviewed journal Culture and Cosmos 
In 2005, he became Principal Lecturer in History at Bath Spa University. Campion is Senior Lecturer in the School of Archaeology, History and Anthropology, director of the Sophia Centre for the Study of Cosmology in Culture, and course director of the MA in Cultural Astronomy and Astrology at the University of Wales Trinity Saint David. He also taught the history of astrology at the unaccredited Kepler College, now located in Seattle, Washington.
Campion is the author of many books on astrology and its history, including:
- Campion, Nicholas (1982). An introduction to the history of astrology. London: Institute for the Study of Cycles in World Affairs. ISBN 0-9508412-0-X.
- Campion, Nicholas; Jaine, Tom (1988). Cosmic Cuisine. Harper & Row.
- Campion, Nicholas (1994). The great year : astrology, millenarianism, and history in the Western tradition. London: Penguin. ISBN 0-14-019296-4.
- Campion, Nicholas (1997). The Practical Astrologer.
- Campion, Nicholas (2000). Zodiac: Enhance your life through astrology. Quadrille.
- Campion, Nicholas (2000). Astrology, history and apocalypse. London: Centre for Psychological Astrology Press. ISBN 1900869152.
- Campion, Nicholas (2001). Cosmos : a cultural history of astrology. London: Hambledon and London. ISBN 1-85285-257-7.
- Campion, Nicholas; Kollerstrom, Nick, eds. (2003). Galileo's Astrology. Culture and Cosmos. Cinnabar Books.
- Campion, Nicholas (2003). The Ultimate Astrologer: A Simple Guide to Calculating and Interpreting Birth Charts for Effective Application in Daily Life. Rider.
- Campion, Nicholas (2004). The Book of World Horoscopes. Wessex Astrologer.
- Campion, Nicholas (2006). What do astrologers believe?. London: Granta. ISBN 1862078386.
- Campion, Nicholas (2008). Horoscopes and Popular Culture, in Franklin, Bob (ed.), Pulling Newspapers Apart: Analysing Print Journalism. Oxford, England: Routledge. p. 253. ISBN 978-0-415-42555-1.
- Campion, Nicholas (2009). A History of Western Astrology Vol. 1: The Ancient World (first published as The Dawn of Astrology: A Cultural History of Western Astrology Vol. 1, The Ancient and Classical Worlds). London: Continuum. ISBN 9781441127372.
- Campion, Nicholas (2009). A History of Western Astrology Vol. 2: TheMedieval and Modern Worlds. London: Continuum. ISBN 9781441127372.
- Campion, Nicholas (2012). Astrology and Cosmology in the World's Religions. New York,NY: New York University Press. ISBN 978-0814717141.
- Campion, Nicholas (2012). Astrology and Popular Religion in the Modern West: Prophecy, Cosmology and the New Age Movement. Farnham, England: Ashgate. ISBN 9781409435143.
- Lewis, James, R. The astrology encyclopedia, p.105. Gale Research, 1994. ISBN 978-0-8103-8900-7.
- Mark Edmond Jones Award, 1992 for scholarly and innovative work for his The Book of World Horoscopes
- Beyond Belief? James Langton interviews Nicholas Campion, Robert Currey and Liz Greene,. (23 August 1992) Sunday Telegraph Review. "He (Campion) is accepted as a "serious" astrologer, a winner of the prestigious Marc Edmund Jones Award in Washington earlier this year for his work on "mundane astrology"."
- Lewis, James R. (2003) The Astrology Book: The Encyclopedia of Heavenly Influences, Visible Ink Press, MI, USA 
- Charles Harvey Prize 2002
- Regulus Award 2002 for professional image
- Regulus Award 2012 for theory and understanding
- "Ariadne". New Scientist. 3 February 1990.
- "Check it Out: Hi-tech Alternatives". The Independent. 30 January 1999. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- Oestmann, Gűnther, H. K. von Stuckrad, G. Oestmann and D. Rutkin (eds.), (2005) Horoscopes and Public Spheres: Essays on the History of Astrology, Walter de Gruyter: Berlin and New York, p. 275. ISBN 9783110185454
- Senior Lecturer in Archaeology and Anthropology at School of Archaeology, History and Anthropology, University of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Tebbs, Carol MA. President's Address, Kepler College, Seattle, WA (2004) "The Faculty – Lee Lehman and Dennis Harness, Deans. Nicholas Campion, Demetra George, Georgia Stathis and Mark Urban-Lurain." www.kepler.edu
- Burnett, Bev (22 September 1988), "Star grazing" (subscription required), Chicago Sun-Times
- Review of The Great Year by Heath-Stubbs, John Francis Alexander, Contemporary Review, 1 November 1995 (subscription required)
- BOOKS / Paperbacks by Blake, Robin, The Independent, 23 October 1994
- Readers' round-up, The Scotsman, 9 September 2000 (subscription required)
- Review of Galileo's Astrology, Boner, Patrick J., Renaissance Quarterly, 22 March 2006 (subscription required)