Nicholas Carew (Lord Privy Seal)
Nicholas Carew was descended from the Carew family of Carew Castle in Pembrokeshire. Sometime after 1352 he married Lucy, the daughter of Richard de Willoughby, and came into possession of the latter's manor at Beddington. Carew was a man of ability, holding the high office of Keeper of the Privy Seal from 1371 to 1377, and was one of the executors of King Edward's will. He died in 1390, and was buried in the church of St. Mary's at Beddington.
- London Borough of Sutton website.
- British History Online website.
- Powicke, F. Maurice and E. B. Fryde Handbook of British Chronology 2nd. ed. London:Royal Historical Society 1961 p. 91
- London Borough of Sutton website, accessed 17 May 2007.
- British History Online website, accessed 17 May 2007.
|Lord Privy Seal
|This article about an English politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|