May 5, 1951 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Jill Ellen Demby (divorced; 1 child)
Pamela Guest (1989-present; 3 children)
Nicholas Haden-Guest (born May 5, 1951) is an American actor. He primarily works as a voice-actor, but is best known for a television role as Headmaster Patrick James Elliot in the teen sitcom USA High.
Nicholas Guest was born in New York City, the son of Peter Haden-Guest, a British United Nations diplomat who later became the 4th Baron Haden-Guest, and his second wife, Jean Pauline Hindes, a former vice president of casting at CBS. Guest's maternal grandparents were Jewish immigrants from Russia. His paternal grandfather, Leslie, Baron Haden-Guest, was a Labour Party politician who was a convert to Judaism, and his paternal grandmother's father was Colonel Albert Goldsmid, a British officer who founded the Jewish Lads' and Girls' Brigade and the Maccabaeans. Both of Guest's parents had become atheists, and Guest had no religious upbringing. More than a decade before he was born, his uncle David Guest, a lecturer and Communist Party member, was killed in the Spanish Civil War fighting in the International Brigades.
Nicholas Guest spent parts of his childhood in his father's native England. He is the brother of Christopher Guest, the brother-in-law of Jamie Lee Curtis and the half brother of the British American writer Anthony Haden-Guest.
Guest is heir presumptive to the title of Baron Haden-Guest in the British peerage. This is because the children of his brother, Christopher Guest and Jamie Lee Curtis (Lord and Lady Haden-Guest) are adopted and therefore ineligible to succeed the title. However, should they have any natural-born son, that son would become heir apparent. Were he to succeed to the barony, he would be the 6th Baron Haden-Guest. As the child of a Baron, he is styled "The Honorable Nicholas Guest".
- Rave Master - Hebi
- The Big O - Army Police
- Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - Rasheed
- Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind - Additional Voices
- The Mummy: The Animated Series - Ardeth Bay
- Ben 10 - Clancy
- Justice League - Doctor
- Justice League Unlimited - Dino Trooper
- Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles - Lieutenant/Major Zander Barcalow
- Godzilla: The Series - Chad Gordon
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold - The Question, Martian Manhunter
- Power Rangers: Time Force - Taylor
- Building Manintenance: and a home man - Nicholas
- Sons of Anarchy - Voice of John Teller
- Frozen - Additional Voices
- The Long Riders - Robert Ford
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - Cadet
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Todd Chester (the Griswold's next-door neighbor)
- Over the Hedge - Additional Voices
- ParaNorman - Hippie Ghost, Mobster Ghost
- Rio - Additional Voices
- Tangled - Additional Voices
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - Additional Voices
- The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving - Hyp's Father
- Trading Places - Harry (one of Louis Winthorpe III's preppy friends)
Music video roles
- Janie's Got a Gun - Father
Video game roles
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption - Christof Romuald
- "Son to the Peter Haden Guests". The New York Times. 1951-05-13. Retrieved 2011-01-02.
- Witchel, Alex (2006-11-12). "The Shape-Shifter". The New York Times. Retrieved 2006-11-16.
- Murray, William Henry (1952). Adam and Cain: symposium of old Bible history, Sumerian Empire, importance of blood of race, juggling juggernaut of the leaders of the Jews, the Gothic civilization of Adam and the ten commandments of his church. Murray.
- Rosen, Steven (2006-11-16). "Want to spoof Purim and the Oscars? Be our Guest!". The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles 21 (39). Retrieved 2006-11-16.
- "A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe". thePeerage.com. 2006-11-12. Retrieved 2006-11-16.