Nicholas J. Celebrezze
|Nicholas J. Celebrezze|
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the 15th district
January 16, 2012
|Preceded by||Timothy J. DeGeeter|
November 22, 1977 |
|Relations||James Celebrezze (father)
Frank D. Celebrezze I (grandfather)
|Alma mater||University of Akron
Cleveland–Marshall College of Law
Nicholas John Celebrezze (born November 22, 1977) is an Ohio Politician and lawyer. He has served in local government and is currently a member of the Ohio House of Representatives, representing the 15th District since his appointment in 2012.
Life and career
Celebrezze completed his undergraduate career at the University of Akron. He received his JD from Cleveland–Marshall College of Law. He began practicing law in 2004 and owns his own firm in Parma. He served on Parma's Charter Commission in 2003. He later served as a councilmember for Ward 3 in Parma.
Ohio House of Representatives
In 2012, Celebrezze announced that he would seek to succeed Timothy J. DeGeeter in the Ohio House of Representatives. DeGeeter, would be leaving his post to seek the position of Mayor of Parma, Ohio. After winning, he resigned from his House seat, and House Democrats subsequently appointed Celebrezze to the seat. He was seated on January 16, 2012. He is on the Local Government and Transportation, Public Safety, and Homeland Security committees.
Celebrezze won a full term to his seat in 2012, defeating Patricia Gastonye with 63% of the vote.
- "Nicholas J. Celebrezze, Representative". Member Details. Ohio House of Representatives. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Representative Nicholas J. Celebrezze's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved July 21, 2012.
- Ohio House of Representatives: Rep. Nick Celebrezze (D-15th)
- Campaign website
- Biography at Ballotpedia
- Biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Financial information (state office) at the National Institute for Money in State Politics
|This article about a member of the Ohio House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|