Nicholas de Lange
Nicholas Robert Michael de Lange (often known simply as N. de Lange) (7 August 1944, Nottingham) is Professor of Hebrew and Jewish Studies at the University of Cambridge and is an ordained Reform rabbi. He was taught and ordained by the British Reform rabbi Ignaz Maybaum, a disciple of Franz Rosenzweig.
De Lange has translated several works of fiction by Amos Oz, S. Yizhar and A.B. Yehoshua into English. In November 2007, he received the Risa Domb/Porjes Prize for Translation from the Hebrew for his translation of A Tale of Love and Darkness by Amos Oz.
- Origen and the Jews (1976)
- Atlas of the Jewish World (1984)
- Judaism (1986) Oxford University Press
- An Introduction to Judaism (2000)
- 'Jesus Christ and Auschwitz',(1997), New Blackfriars Vol. 78, No. 917/918, pp. 308–316