Nick Adams (theatre actor)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (March 2012)|
June 10, 1983 
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
|Alma mater||Boston Conservatory of Music|
In 2006 he earned a BFA in musical theatre with a minor in dance from the Boston Conservatory of Music. In New York, Adams joined the international tour of the musical Chicago, later joining the Broadway cast. He was also in the original Broadway cast of The Pirate Queen. In 2007 he co-starred in a Broadway revival of A Chorus Line. In June 2009 he was in the Broadway revival of Guys and Dolls.
Adams appeared as one of the leading roles (Adam/Felicia) in the Broadway production of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, which opened at the Palace Theater on March 20, 2011 after a short run in Toronto at the Princess of Wales Theatre.
Turtle Bay incident
In July 2009, Adams and his boyfriend went to the Turtle Bay nightclub in Manhattan, where they were denied entry. The bouncer said that the white T-shirt that Adams was wearing did not meet the dress code. Adams reported that he and his boyfriend were holding hands, and the bouncer smirked at them when he refused them entry. Adams claims he then saw a group of men that he described as straight, some wearing white tshirts allowed into the bar. Adams posted the story to his blog, and Twitter, where his fans "went crazy". Eventually the manager of the bar posted an apology, and claimed it was a misunderstanding. Adams responded "I was discriminated against. I will not give my business to Turtle Bay and I urge you to do the same. This womans attempt to brush this aside as a misunderstanding is disingenuous at best if not hurtful and offensive to myself and the gay community of New York City".
- "30 Under 30 - Nick Adams". BroadwaySpace.com. 2011. "Age: 27 (06/10/1983)"
- "Biography: Nick Adams". MostBeautifulMan.com. Retrieved May 13, 2011.
- Healey, Patrick (September 16, 2010). "‘Priscilla’ Musical to Take Over ‘West Side Story’ Theater". Arts Beat Blog. New York Times. Retrieved December 30, 2010.
- "Priscilla Queen of the Desert – The Musical". Retrieved December 30, 2010.
- "Priscilla Queen of the Desert Books Palace Theatre for March 2011 Opening". Broadway.com. September 15, 2010.
- Nestruck, J. Kelly (October 27, 2010). "This Priscilla rocks even though the bus doesn't roll". The Globe & Mail. Retrieved December 30, 2010.
- Adams, Nick (July 25, 2009). "Turtle Gay". Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "Nick, Priscilla Cast: It Gets Better". The Advocate. October 30, 2010.
- "2011 Broadway.com Audience Choice Award Winners Announced". Broadway.com. May 15, 2011.
- Nick Adams, Jenny Florkowski & Tim Kazurinsky to Join WICKED National Tour December 30, 2013; broadwayworld.com
- "Broadway's Nick Adams vs. New York Bar". Retrieved March 29, 2012.