January 23, 1983 |
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Subjects||sex, violence, ghosts|
|Notable work(s)||The Girlfriend Game (2013)
Midnight Picnic (2009)
|Notable award(s)||Shirley Jackson Award for Best Novella, 2009|
Nick Antosca is an American author of literary fiction. He is the author of four books: Fires (2006), Midnight Picnic (2009), The Obese (2012), and The Girlfriend Game (2013). Midnight Picnic was set to be published by Impetus Press, but the small publisher folded under financial pressure in the fall of 2008. Word Riot Press stepped in and the novel was published in 2009. Antosca was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and currently lives in Los Angeles, California. He is a 2005 graduate of Yale University.
His writing has appeared in anthologies, literary journals, newspapers, and websites including Exotic Gothic,The New York Sun, n+1, The Paris Review, nerve (website), Hustler, Film Threat, The Barcelona Review, and The Daily Beast. He has also written for MTV's Teen Wolf and the ABC military drama series Last Resort.
- The Hangman's Ritual, novella (Civil Coping Mechanisms, 2013).
- The Girlfriend Game, short story collection (Word Riot Press, 2013).
- The Obese, novella (Lazy Fascist Press, 2012).
- Midnight Picnic, novella (Word Riot Press, 2009).
- Fires, novel (Impetus Press, 2006; re-released in 2011 by Civil Coping Mechanisms).
- Official website
- "Predator Bait" - short story from n+1
- "Reading Lolita at Twelve" - essay from The Paris Review
- "The Girlfriend Game" - short story from Metazen
- Other People podcast interview
- Interview at The Short Form
- Nick Antosca's Orphaned Novel Finds a New House November 10, 2008, Galleycat
- "author page at The Daily Beast". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- "Talking Cannibalism, Werewolves, and Hallucinogenic Moss With Nick Antosca on Vol. 1 Brooklyn". Vol. 1 Brooklyn. Retrieved 2012-05-18.