Cook is also a published author. His book The Hunt For Zero Point, published by Century Random House in the UK in 2001 and Broadway Books in the US in 2002, details his ten-year investigation into efforts to crack the Holy Grail of aerospace propulsion: anti-gravity technology. It focuses on Igor Witkowski's claims that the Nazi's developed a UFO-like device which allegedly became the basis for US research.
The 1999 Discovery Channel documentary Billion Dollar Secret followed Cook's investigation into secret US military spending and experimental aircraft that may have been mistaken for UFOs. He also wrote and presented the 2005 documentary UFO's: The Secret Evidence, known as An Alien History of Planet Earth in the US.
- Bures, Frank (September 2002). "Into the Black". The Atlantic. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Kleiner, Kurt (August 2002). ""The Hunt for Zero Point" by Nick Cook". Salon.
- "Jane's Editorial Team".
- Easen, Nick (September 2003). "New technology from 'black world'". CNN.
- Scharf, Michael (June 2002). "PW Talks with Nick Cook". Publishers Weekly.
- McClure, Kevin. "Nazi Ufos". Fortean Times.
- Dunning, Brian. "Wunderwaffen: Nazi Wonder Weapons". Skeptoid.
Through this transcript, Witkowski claimed to have learned about Die Glocke. This account became popular in the West when aviation writer Nick Cook included it in his popular 2002 book The Hunt for Zero Point, a tale of the cranks and colorful characters who have tried to invent anti-gravity machines. Since that time, you've been able to find all you want on the Internet about Nazi flying saucers.
- "The Hunt For Zero Point". Skeptic.
- Gunston, Bill (December 1990). "Review: There I was, nothing on the clock - Flights of fancy for Christmas begin with puzzles for the mind, soar with Balinese birds and British bats, then descend to the tomb and chaotic presents". New Scientist.
- "Review:Aggressor". Publishers Weekly.
- Stewart, Rod (June 2000). "Is this a ghost I see before me?". The Bookseller.
- Vine, Richard. "Watch This". The Guardian.
- "IMDb: UFO's: The Secret Evidence".
- "Channel 4: UFO's: The Secret Evidence".
- "Coast To Coast: Guests - Nick Cook".
- "Conference: Aerospace Defense Companies Can Help Save the Planet by Expanding into Adjacent Markets". AIN Online. November 2012.
- Childs, Nick (November 2012). "Defence firms seek broader agenda". BBC News.
- Pfeifer, Sylvia (October 2008). "Defence groups enter green zone". Financial Times.
Until now, though, there has been little evidence of a "holistic approach" to the energy sector, said Nick Cook, founder of Dynamixx, a consultancy focused on opportunities in the energy and environmental market for the aerospace and defence industry.