Nick A. Corcodilos is a professional recruiter, the owner and operator of the Ask The Headhunter website and the author of How to Work with Headhunters... and how to make headhunters work for you, How Can I Change Careers?, and Keep Your Salary Under Wraps.
Corcodilos is also the author of the book Ask The Headhunter: Reinventing The Interview to Win The Job, the best-selling job interview guide on Amazon for 26 consecutive months, translated/republished in People's Republic of China, Taiwan, Brazil and Europe. The Motley Fool review says that the book "explodes the myths about job hunting". This book went out of print in 2010.
Since 2002 Nick Corcodilos has been publishing the weekly, e-mail Ask The Headhunter Newsletter with hints and tips for job hunters, hiring managers, human resources professionals, and recruiters. Since January 2008 he has published the Ask The Headhunter Blog as a forum for his audience to discuss job hunting and hiring. His articles have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, Reader's Digest, USA Today, The New York Times, Fast Company, and Working Woman. Corcodilos has been featured on CNN, CNBC, Fox News, Bloomberg, National Public Radio and MSNBC. Since 2008 the Universal Press Syndicate distributes the features from Ask The Headhunter.
Since 1995 Corcodilos has syndicated special Ask The Headhunter features to technical publications including Electronic Engineering Times, InfoWorld, TechRepublic, Dice.com and Adobe Systems' marketing community, CMO.com.
The major points in the strategy to job search Nick Corcodilos teaches in his books, website, newsletters and blog is that the job hunter must concentrate on cultivating personal contacts in the industry rather than on writing and sending/posting resumes, and to be prepared to demonstrate at the interview how you can do the job and to contribute to the bottom line.
Nick Corcodilos is president of North Bridge Group, Inc and has been retained by organizations including AT&T, Merrill Lynch, the Army Corps of Engineers, the U.S. Army and Procter & Gamble to teach their employees effective career development methods, and their managers effective recruiting and hiring methods.
In July 2009 Nick Corcodilos was a weekly guest at the Brian Lehrer Show, WNYC radio. In 2012 Corcodilos was featured in a CBC Television Marketplace (TV series) program, "Recruitment Rip-Off", and in a special extra segment, Top Tips and Red Flags for Job Hunters offered tips about how to avoid getting scammed when looking for a job.
In April 2010 Nick Corcodilos was the keynote speaker at the annual conference of the MBA Career Services for Working Professionals Alliance, an association of the top 30 Executive MBA Schools from around the world. Corcodilos regularly presents workshops to Executive MBAs at Cornell's Johnson School of Management, and has presented to Harvard's Business School.
- Ask The Headhunter website
- How to Work with Headhunters... and how to make headhunters work for you (2009, North Bridge Press, PDF)
- How Can I Change Careers, (2009, North Bridge Press, PDF)
- Keep Your Salary Under Wraps, (2011, North Bridge Press, PDF)
- Ask The Headhunter: Reinventing The Interview to Win The Job, ISBN 0-452-27801-5 (1997, paperback)
- Ask The Headhunter Newsletter
- Ask The Headhunter Blog
- Ask The Headhunter page on the Universal Press Syndicate webpage
- A preface to the interview with Nick Corcodilos
- "50 Things Every Guy Should Know How to Do: Celebrity and Expert Advice on Living Large", by Daniel Kline and Jason Tomashewski, 2006, ISBN 0-452-28665-4, p. 83
- Northbridge Group Inc.
- Dr. Glass' Laboratory: Alumni, a Rutgers College webpage
- "The Work Search: Job Boards"
- CBC TV Marketplace Recruitment Rip-Off
- Top Tips and Red Flags for Job Hunters
- MBA Career Services for Working Professionals Alliance