In high school, DeWitz attended Dobson High School in Mesa, Arizona. He was nominated for All-America honors and was an all-state selection. Helped Dobson and head coach Rick McConnell to a 28-3 record his senior year.
In 2001, DeWitz attended Utah Valley State College, in Orem, Utah. During his time at UVSC, he completed his Associates Degree in 1.5 years. Then he transferred to the University of Iowa (2003–04) where he played only half the season before transferring to Oregon State University to play under his former head coach, Jeff Reinert at UVSC. In his first year at OSU he was the first recipient of the Pac-10's Fred Hessler Award, given to the leagues top non-freshman newcomer. Set the OSU single-season record for three-point percentage (50.0%, 34-for-68) and ranked second in the Pac-10. Had 37 blocks in conference play, which is tied for first on OSU’s single-season Pac-10 list.
He had a dunk vs. Washington State that was #5 on SportsCenter’s top plays of the day. DeWitz posted a career-high 28 points (the most by an OSU player in 2004-05) in a home win against California. In that game, tied the school and Gill Coliseum records with seven three-pointers made(Gary Payton), and set a school single-game record for three-point percentage with a minimum of eight attempts (.778, 7-for-9).
In OSU’s record books, ended his career first in three-point percentage (43.6%), first in blocked shots per game (2.06).
||This section is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (October 2012)|
- In 2006-07, DeWitz went to play in Finland for Porvoon Tarmo. Helping his team reach the playoffs, scoring 19.7 and 6.3 rebounds during playoffs.
- During the summer of 2007 he played in the IBL with the Salem Stampede. Helping them to the best record in the league 18-4. While scoring 17 point per game.
- 2007-08 DeWitz played in Japan, in the BJ league for the Sendai 89ers. He was 4th in the league in scoring (21ppg.) and his team finished in 3rd place.
- 2008-09 Osaka Evessa- BJ league Japan
- 2009-10 SL Benfica - Portuguese League