|Full name||Nicholas Fozzard|
22 February 1977 |
Wakefield, Yorkshire, England
|Height||1.91 m (6 ft 3 in) |
|Position||Prop,Stand Off, fullback|
Nicholas Fozzard (born 22 July 1977) is a former English rugby league footballer of the 1990s, 2000s and 2010s. A Prop, his clubs included St. Helens, Warrington, Huddersfield, Leeds and Hull KR, and he signed a 1-year deal with Castleford Tigers for the 2011 season.
As 2006 Super League champions, St Helens faced 2006 NRL Premiers the Brisbane Broncos in the 2007 World Club Challenge. Fozzard played at prop forward in the Saints' 18-14 victory. He was selected in the 2007 Super League Dream Team. During his spell with St. Helens he won numerous honours, including the World Club Challenge and the Challenge Cup. He also played in 2008's Super League XIII Grand Final defeat by the Leeds Rhinos.
On 19 September 2008 Fozzard signed for Hull Kingston Rovers for the 2009 Super League campaign.
It was confirmed on 20 September 2009, that Fozzard would return to St. Helens after being released by Rovers on the final year of his contract. Following a poor start to the 2010 season, Fozzard was dropped by coach Mick Potter.
- "Sky sports Nick Fozzard". web page. BSkyB. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- "2008 Grand Final". BBC. 2008-10-04. Retrieved 2008-10-05.
- "Fozzard returns to Saints". superleague.com. 2009-09-20. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- St Helens Profile
- Fozzard signs new St Helens deal
- No fear of Kiwi pack says Fozzard
- Fozzard signs for Saints
- St Helens 75-0 Wigan
- St Helens 30-16 Hull
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org