|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Launched||2 July 1995|
|Network||MTV Networks Europe|
|Owned by||MTV Networks Europe (Viacom)|
|Audience share||0.7% (2013, )|
|Astra 1M||11.973 GHz V / 27.5|
|Astra 3A||12.565 GHz V / 27.5|
|Sky Deutschland||Channel 550 (HD)
Channel 1351 (Austria)
|Cablecom||Channel 30 (Germany)
Channel 27 (Switzerland)
Nickelodeon (Germany), known on-air only as Nickelodeon, is a television channel for kids in Germany, part of the international Nickelodeon franchise. Launched on 2005, Nickelodeon Germany is based in Berlin. The channel is available on cable and an unscrambled, free-to-air (FTA) satellite signal. On 30 March 2010 the channel adopted the name Nickelodeon on-screen and off-line. There was also a new logo. Nickelodeon Premium was rebranded NickToons.
A half-hour special, aired June 25, 1995 on MTV Germany featuring short snippets from Nickelodeon's shows that children would expect a week later. The original version of Nickelodeon was launched on July 2, 1995 as a block on VH1 Germany. Nickelodeon was on the air from 6:00AM until 8:00PM, when VH1 took over. Nickelodeon closed on June 1, 1998, due to advertising problems and competition with Der Kinderkanal. After the close of VH1 Germany in 2001 it was replaced with MTV2 Pop. On 12 September 2005 Nickelodeon Germany was reactivated under the name NICK as a new channel. NICK started with a Prime-Time programme called NICK Comedy that aired sitcoms and other comedy shows. Nickelodeon took over the frequencies of music channel MTV2 Pop, which was one of four channels that were operated by Viacom in Germany. Since March 2006, in addition to international shows, own produced shows went on air. In October 2007 a special German version of the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards took place.
On 1 December 2007 a spin-off named NICK Premium was launched for Pay-TV platforms. In the beginning of 2008 NICK tried to establish a Prime-Time family programme under the brand NICK nach acht (NICK after eight). It aired documentaries, drama series, movies and sitcoms. It used an adapted logo of its American counterpart. Many parts of the block included reruns of Ren and Stimpy and CatDog. Since 15 December 2008, NICK and Comedy Central Germany share the same programming block, with Comedy Central airing after 20:15, effectively replacing NICK nach acht. On 30 March 2010 the channel adopted the new international logo. NICK Germany was renamed Nickelodeon Germany and NICK Premium was rebranded NickToons.
From 1 June 2011 Nickelodeon Germany will start broadcasting in HD. New logo was used from January 2012. It is now pushed out like the logo used on the website. Along with the launch of the new logo, there are now new idents and bumpers which currently do not have bumpers. These bumpers are from the US and the UK.
NickToons was launched on December 2007 as Nick Premium. In 2009, Nickelodeon announced that Nick Premium would be renamed as Nicktoons. The channel airs animated programs from Nickelodeon.
Nick Jr. is a channel that broadcasts to younger kids. The channel was launched on 12 September 2005 as a block and on 31 March 2009 as a channel. Before the channel launched, some programs were shown Super RTL and Disney Channel.
Since 1 June 2006 an Austrian version of Nickelodeon is also broadcast, initially timesharing with an Austrian version of VIVA from 06:00 (CET) to 19:00 (CET). On 1 January 2011 the broadcasting structure changed dramatically when Austrian MTV was scrapped and replaced with a new, overhauled VIVA Austria. Comedy Central Austria then took over old VIVA's place. Programming is identical to the German version, other than commercials and promotions.
A Swiss version of Nickelodeon for German-speaking viewers began on April 1, 2009, first sharing time with a Swiss version of VIVA. Then (from May 16, 2011 onwards) with a new localised Swiss version of Comedy Central. Programming schedule and times are almost identical to the other German-speaking versions, except that broadcasting ends one hour earlier at 05:00 (CET). Originally, it was a block on SF2.
- Dora the Explorer (Dora)
- Max and Ruby (Max & Ruby)
- Tickety Toc
- Olive the Ostrich (Olive der Strauss)
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (My Little Pony: Freundschaft ist Magie)
- Bubble Guppies
- Team Umizoomi (Umizoomi)
- The Backyardigans (Backyardigans - Die Hinterhofzwerge)
| style="width:50%; text-align:left; vertical-align:top;" |
- 3-2-1 Penguins!
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (Aaahh!!! Monster)
- All Grown Up! (All Grown Up - Fast erwachsen)
- Angry Beavers (Die Biber Brüder)
- As Told by Ginger (Gingers Welt)
- Back at the Barnyard (Barnyard – Der tierisch verrückte Bauernhof)
- Bucket & Skinner's Epic Adventures (Bucket & Skinner)
- CatDog (now on Nicktoons)
- Catscratch (Katzekratz)
- ChalkZone (Chalk Zone – Die Zauberkreide)
- Clarissa Explains It All (Clarissa)
- Das Haus Anubis
- Drake & Josh
- Dennis the Menace (Dennis)
- El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
- Fanboy & Chum Chum
- Genie in the House
- Growing Up Creepie (Creepie)
- Hero Factory
- Hey Arnold!
- Invader Zim
- Iron Man: Armored Adventures
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- Jim Henson's Animal Show (Jim Hensons Animal Show mit Stinky und Jake)
- King Arthur's Disasters
- Kappa Mikey
- Kenan & Kel
- My Life as a Teenage Robot (Teenage Robot)
- Naturally, Sadie
- Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide (Neds ultimativer Schulwahnsinn)
- Noah Knows Best (Was geht, Noah?)
- Planet Sheen (Planet Max)
- Rekkit the Rabbit (Rekkit Riesenhase)
- Ricky Sprocket: Showbiz Boy
- Rocket Power
- Rocko's Modern Life (Rockos modernes Leben)
- Sorry, I've Got No Head (Die Mannohnekopf Show)
- Sweet Valley High
- Tak & the Power of Juju (Tak und die Macht des Juju)(now on Nicktoons)
- Team Planet
- The Adventures of Pete & Pete (Pete & Pete)
- The Gnoufs (Die Gnoufs)
- The Mighty B! (Mighty B! Hier kommt Bessie)
- The Ren & Stimpy Show (Die Ren & Stimpy Show)
- The Troop (Troop - Die Monsterjäger)
- The Wild Thornberrys (Expedition der Stachelbeeren)
- The X's
- True Jackson, VP (True Jackson)
- T.U.F.F. Puppy
- Wayside (Die Wayside Schule)
- Yakkity Yak
- Zoey 101 (Zoey 101)
- "Kommission zur Ermittlung der Konzentration im Medienbereich". 2013. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Engadget HD
- Broadband TV News
- "The Thundermans". fernsehserien.de. Retrieved February 18, 2014.