May 15, 1987 |
St. Albert, AB, CAN
|Height||6 ft 4 in (193 cm)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)|
Columbus Blue Jackets
Holden played junior hockey for the Camrose Kodiaks and Sherwood Park Crusaders of the AJHL (junior A) and the Chilliwack Bruins of the WHL (major junior). Holden signed with the Blue Jackets as an undrafted free agent and spent two seasons playing for the American Hockey League's Syracuse Crunch. Holden made his debut in the National Hockey League with the Blue Jackets during the 2010–11 season, in a 3-1 victory over the Anaheim Ducks on October 21, 2010.
During the lockout shortened 2012–13 season, Holden appeared in a two game return in the NHL with the Blue Jackets, however he was primarily assigned to AHL affiliate, the Springfield Falcons. He finished the Falcons season leading all defenseman in scoring with 9 goals and 39 points in 73 games.
On July 5, 2013, Holden left the Blue Jackets organization and signed a two-year contract as a free agent with the Colorado Avalanche. After partaking and impressing in his first Avalanche training camp, Holden was unexpectedly successful in making the teams opening night roster for the 2013–14 season. Holden sat as a healthy scratch in the first 11 games of the season, before making his Avalanche debut as a forward in a 3-2 overtime victory over the Dallas Stars on November 2, 2013. In returning to the defense, Holden scored his first NHL goal, and game-winner against Braden Holtby, in a 4-1 victory against the Washington Capitals on November 10, 2013.
|2005–06||Sherwood Park Crusaders||AJHL||28||2||15||17||19||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||5||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||2||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Nash has two goals in Jackets 3-1 win". Yahoo! Sports. 2010-10-20. Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- Rimer, Jeff (2010-10-22). "Rimer's game day ramblings – Oct. 22". Columbus Blue Jackets. Retrieved 2011-01-03.
- "Avalanche announce signings". Colorado Avalanche. 2013-07-05. Retrieved 2013-07-05.
- "Avalanche make three cuts; final roster set". Denver Post. 2013-09-29. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- "Stastny scores in OT to lift troubled Varlamov, Avs". CBS Sports. 2013-11-02. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "First place Colorado keep climbing". CBS Sports. 2013-11-10. Retrieved 2013-11-10.
- "Hardwork, positivity led to Holden's first score". Colorado Avalanche. 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2013-11-12.