||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (May 2012)|
|Born||Nick Augustine Knowles
21 September 1962
Southall, Middlesex, England
|Education||St Louis Middle School, Suffolk|
|Known for||DIY SOS
Who Dares Wins
Break the Safe
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Rose Moor (m. 2012)|
|Children||Charlie, Tuesday and TJ|
Nicholas Augustine "Nick" Knowles (born 21 September 1962) is an English television presenter best known for his presenting roles on the BBC, most notably National Lottery game shows including Who Dares Wins, Secret Fortune, Perfection and Break the Safe and the DIY series DIY SOS, also for BBC One.
After leaving school, Knowles started work as a labourer before starting his own business. He still holds controlling shares of his company.
In the early 1990s, Nick presented a show called "Ridge Riders" for ITV. This featured a celebrity and another one or two guests riding classic motorcycles along off-road tracks around the UK. The viewer was treated to historic and local information about the locality as well as informal chats with the celebrity.
Nick appeared as a member of Channel 5's daytime chat show 5's Company between 1997 and 1999.
Knowles has also presented programmes with a wildlife theme. In 2007, he fronted Mission Africa, in which a team of volunteers constructed a game reserve in Kenya. During this project, Knowles fell from a Land Rover, dislocating his shoulder. He flew back to the UK to receive emergency treatment. In the same year, he also reported on the plight of orphaned orang-utans for an edition of Saving Planet Earth. In 2009, he co-presented the BBC reality TV series Wildest Dreams with James Honeyborne, in which novice candidates had to complete a set of challenging tasks filming wild animals in Africa. The winner joined the BBC Natural History Unit on a one-year placement.
Since 2013, he has presented the BBC One National Lottery game show Break the Safe.
|2007-2011, 2013||Real Rescues||Co-presenter|
|2007—||Who Dares Wins||Presenter|
|2008||Last Choir Standing||Co-presenter|
|2010—||DIY SOS: The Big Build||Presenter|
|2013—||Break the Safe||Presenter|
He is also a keen collector of top hats.
- "Biography for Nick Knowles". Internet Movie Database.
- "Personal Information". Nick Knowles Official Website.
- Press Office – Mission Impossible for Nick Knowles. BBC (15 September 2006). Retrieved on 13 August 2013.
- Celebrity Interview: Nick Knowles. Great British Life (4 January 2011). Retrieved on 13 August 2013.
- Interiors – Nick Knowles. Fabulous Mag. Retrieved on 13 August 2013.
- Littlejohn, Georgina (21 March 2011). "'She has made me a nicer person': DIY star Nick Knowles opens up about the woman who has stolen his heart". Daily Mail.
- DIY SOS star Nick Knowles on his love of top hats. express.co.uk. 27 February 2011
- Nick Knowles opens antiques shop in Eton. Slough Observer. 15 November 2011.