||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (May 2012)|
21 September 1962 |
Southall, London, England
|Education||St Louis Middle School, Suffolk|
|Known for||DIY SOS
Who Dares Wins
Break the Safe
|Spouse(s)||Jessica Rose Moor (m. 2012)|
|Children||Charlie, Tuesday and TJ|
Nick Knowles (born 21 September 1962) is an English television presenter best known for his presenting roles on the BBC, most notably National Lottery game shows including Who Dares Wins, Secret Fortune and Break the Safe and the DIY series DIY SOS, also for BBC One.
After leaving school, Knowles started work as a labourer before starting his own business. He still holds controlling shares of his company.
Nick appeared as a member of Channel 5's daytime chat show 5's Company between 1997 and 1999.
Knowles has also presented programmes with a wildlife theme. In 2007 he fronted Mission Africa, in which a team of volunteers constructed a game reserve in Kenya. During this project, Knowles fell from a Land Rover, dislocating his shoulder. He flew back to the UK to receive emergency treatment. In the same year, he also reported on the plight of orphaned orang-utans for an edition of Saving Planet Earth. In 2009, he co-presented the BBC reality TV series Wildest Dreams with James Honeyborne, in which novice candidates had to complete a set of challenging tasks filming wild animals in Africa. The winner joined the BBC Natural History Unit on a one-year placement.
He is also a keen collector of top hats.
- "Biogrpahy for Nick Knowles". Internet Movie Database.
- "Personal Information". Nick Knowles Official Website.
- Press Office – Mission Impossible for Nick Knowles. BBC (15 September 2006). Retrieved on 13 August 2013.
- Celebrity Interview: Nick Knowles. Great British Life (4 January 2011). Retrieved on 13 August 2013.
- Interiors – Nick Knowles. Fabulous Mag. Retrieved on 13 August 2013.
- Littlejohn, Georgina (21 March 2011). "'She has made me a nicer person': DIY star Nick Knowles opens up about the woman who has stolen his heart". Daily Mail.
- DIY SOS star Nick Knowles on his love of top hats. Express.co.uk. 27 February 2011
- Nick Knowles opens antiques shop in Eton. Slough Observer. 15 November 2011