September 5, 1989 |
|September 2, 2012 for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim|
(through 2014 season)
|Earned run average||7.13|
Maronde went to Lexington Catholic High School in Lexington, KY, where he won a state championship in his sophomore year. After his senior year in high school, he was drafted by the Oakland Athletics in the 43rd round (1294th overall) of the 2008 Major League Baseball Draft, but he did not sign, opting instead to attend college. He attended the University of Florida, where he played for the Florida Gators baseball team. He appeared in two College World Series, and in his junior season, his team lost in the final game.
Maronde was drafted by the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in the 3rd round (104th overall) of the 2011 Major League Baseball Draft after his junior season, and he elected to forgo his senior season. He was playing in Double-A for the Arkansas Travelers in the Angels' minor league system before being called up to the Major Leagues on September 1, 2012.
Maronde made his major league debut on September 2, 2012 against the Seattle Mariners. He faced only one batter and had his first major league strikeout on three pitches. Three days later against the Oakland Athletics, he struck out all three batters that he faced in an inning pitched.
Maronde started the 2013 season back with the Double-A Arkansas Travelers, and was recalled by the Angels on July 29.
- "2011 MLB Third Round Draft Picks". MLB.com. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- Gonzalez, Alden (September 1, 2012). "Pair of young lefties called up as rosters expand". MLB.com. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- Miller, Sam (September 4, 2012). "BP Unfiltered". Baseball Prospectus. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- "Torii Hunter, Dan Haren help Angels inch closer to Athletics in race". ESPN.com. Associated Press. September 5, 2012. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- DiGiovanna, Mike (July 29, 2013). "Call to arms". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- "Angels put C.J. Wilson on DL with ankle sprain". ESPN.com. Associated Press. July 10, 2014. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- Baer, Bill (July 12, 2014). "Indians acquire Nick Maronde from the Angels". NBC Sports. Retrieved July 17, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)