Perri in 2014
Nick Perri (born: Nicholas B. Perri) is a professional lead guitarist, songwriter, producer-engineer, and business owner. He has played for Shinedown, Perry Farrell, Silvertide, Matt Sorum, Sinai, and Christina Perri. In 2009 Perri launched "Perri Ink. LLC" as a parent company for his future endeavors off stage. In 2011 the company's first product was debuted: boutique electric guitars. Later that year he started releasing instrumental singles under the moniker "Nick Perri Music", and on October 3 opened the doors to the Perri Ink. Cartel, his first retail store.
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (May 2012)|
Perri grew up in Bensalem, Pennsylvania, a Philadelphia suburb with his younger sister, singer-songwriter Christina Perri. He attended Father Judge High School for three years, and Bensalem High School for part of the fourth. During his time there, he was very involved in the theater department, and in his junior year at Judge, had the starring role in The King and I. He married in 2011.
In 2001, Perri co-founded the Philadelphia based blues-rock group, Silvertide. They released their first EP American Excess in 2002. Their first full album, Show and Tell, was released in 2004. After completion of their debut album in 2003, Silvertide hit the road and toured straight until 2006, with bands such as Van Halen, Velvet Revolver, and Mötley Crüe.
Following the disbanding of Silvertide, Perri moved back to Los Angeles in 2007 and picked up a role as lead guitarist for Perry Farrell. After touring and playing with Farrell and Satellite Party for a year he left the group and took another lead guitarist role with the modern rock band Shinedown.
He stayed with them from 2008 through 2009 touring in support of the The Sound of Madness record. On December 18, 2008, Brent Smith announced via Shinedown's website that Perri would be leaving the band.[unreliable source?]
In 2009, Perri began a stint with drummer Matt Sorum. Perri and Sorum played throughout the year in Los Angeles and Las Vegas with a group called The Darling Stilettos.
In 2010 Perri moved back to Philadelphia, and with former Silvertide frontman Walt Lafty started a new rock band called Sinai. They spent over a year writing and recording music, and in February 2012, announced a full length album was finally on the way. The record, entitled "A Pinch of Chaos", was released on April 1 as a limited edition hard copy, and then worldwide via download on May 1.
Citing his love for custom guitars, custom motorcycles, tattoos, clothing, and old school barber shops as influences for the decision, In October 2011, Perri announced his return to Los Angeles to open the first "Perri Ink." retail store. The All-American boutique opened its doors for a soft opening on October 3, followed by a grand opening on November 11, 2011.
- Silvertide - American Excess (EP) (2003)
- Silvertide - Show and Tell (2004)
- Satellite Party - Ultra Payloaded (2007)
- Shinedown - The Sound of Madness (2008)
- SINAI - A Pinch of Chaos (2012)
|US Mainstream Rock|
|2004||"Ain't Comin' Home"||6||Show and Tell|
- "Guitarist Nick Perri Unveils Line of Perri Ink. Brand Guitars". PremierGuitar. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "Guitarist Nick Perri Launches Guitar Brand". Vintage Guitar. 23 March 2011. Retrieved 29 March 2011.
- "Ex-Shinedown Guitarist Nick Perri Crafts Handmade Guitars". NoiseCreep. 4 May 2011. Retrieved 9 May 2011.
- "Watch the "Making of" Perri Ink. Video". Artist Direct. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Guitarist Nick Perri to Open Guitar/Tattoo/Piercing/Barber Shop". REVOLVER. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "Nick Perri Announces Plans To Form New Rock Band". PRLOG. 17 February 2010. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "Shinedown's Nick Perri". Guitar Player Magazine. 2008. Retrieved 2008.
- Rockitt, Rob (19 December 2008). "Nick Perri Leaves Shinedown". Hard Rock Hideout. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- Dalrymple, Jim (11 March 2009). "Nick Perri On Guitars as Investments and Quitting Shinedown". Gibson Guitars. Retrieved 24 May 2012.
- "SINAI press release". www.SINAIBAND.com. 27 February 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Perri Ink. Cartel Opens One-of-a-Kind Rock ‘n’ Roll Lifestyle Store". Beatweek Magazine. 15 November 2011. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "Live Like A VIP". Haute Living. 11 November 2011. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "Perri Ink. Cartel – A General Store on Melrose". VIP LA Access. 10 November 2011. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "FORMER PERRY FARRELL GUITARIST TO OPEN THE PERRI INK. CARTEL". All Axess. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011.
- "This Is The Ultimate Rock Star Shop". Bloody Disgusting. 29 September 2011. Retrieved 5 October 2011.