Nick Stellino (b. May 1, 1958 in Palermo, Sicily, Italy) is an Italian-American television chef and author. He hosts the cooking programs Cucina Amore and Nick Stellino's Family Kitchen on public television station KCTS in Seattle, Washington.
Nick Stellino grew up in Palermo, Sicily, Italy. In 1991, he decided to leave his career as a Wall Street stock broker in order to follow his dream of becoming a chef. He apprenticed with the best Italian chefs in America, including Celestino Drago at Drago Restaurant, rated by Food & Wine magazine as one of the 10 best restaurants in the country. Stellino hosts his own TV show, Nick Stellino's Family Kitchen, as well as touring as a celebrity chef. He lives in Los Angeles, California with his wife Nanci.
Stellino's two main cooking shows have been Cucina Amore and Nick Stellino's Family Kitchen, both hosted by KCTS, a PBS-affiliated television station in Seattle.
Stellino is the author of several cookbooks including:
- Cucina Amore
- Nick Stellino's Glorious Italian Cooking
- Nick Stellino's Mediterranean Flavors
- Nick Stellino's Family Kitchen
- Nick Stellino's Passione: Pasta, Pizza, Panini
- Mangiamo! Let's Eat!
- Dine In
- "Nick Stellino's Cooking with Friends"
Notable achievements and appearances
- Grand Marshal, San Francisco Columbus Day Parade, 1999 (the first chef to be given the honor)
- Annual participant, Aspen Food and Wine Festival
- Presenter, James Beard Foundation Awards, New York City, 2000, 2001
- Chosen chef, Grand Gala Dinner, James Beard Foundation Awards, New York City
- Celebrity chef, Red Tie Affair, Red Cross of Santa Monica
- Celebrity chef, Seattle Festa Italiana, 2007
- Celebrity chef, Milwaukee Festa Italiana, 2008