Nick Straker Band
|The Nick Straker Band|
|Genres||Synthpop, New Wave, post-disco, jazz-funk fusion|
|Labels||Prelude Records (U.S.)
Pinnacle Records (UK)
Decca Records (Germany)
|Associated acts||New Musik|
|Website||Official website (no longer relates to Nick Straker Band - December 2011)|
The Nick Straker Band was a fusion pop music group from London, England, led by musician and vocalist Nick Straker, who had a handful of hits on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Play chart. The group also consisted several members of the band New Musik. Their most successful song in the U.S., "A Little Bit of Jazz", spent one week at #1 on the Hot Dance Music/Club Play Chart in 1981. Their song "A Walk in the Park" hit #20 on the UK Singles Chart in 1980, having previously been a substantial hit in Continental Europe in 1979.
Group members included Straker, Tony Mansfield, David McShera, Pete Hammond and Phil Towner.
|Year||Song title / singles||Club Play Singles||UK Singles Chart||R&B singles|
|1980||"A Walk in the Park"||-||20||-|
|"Don't Come Back"||-||-||-|
|"Leaving on the Midnight Train"||-||61||-|
|1981||"A Little Bit of Jazz" / "The Last Goodbye"||1||-||35|
|1983||"You Know I Like It"||-||-||-|
|"Against the Wall"||-||-||-|
|1984||"Turn Me Down"||-||-||-|
|"Must You Dance"||-||-||-|
|"It Only Takes a Minute"||-||-||-|
|1987||"A Walk In The Park '87 (PWL Mix)"||-||-||-|
|U.S. Billboard 200||UK Albums Chart|
|Future's Above My Head (German LP)||1979||–||–||
|A Walk in the Park (UK)||1980||–||–||
|The Nick Straker Band (U.S.)||1981||–||–||
|The Best of Nick Straker: A Walk in the Park||1993||–||–||
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the US Dance chart
- Nick Straker: Biography. NickStraker.com. Retrieved on July 31, 2009
- Search for "A Walk in the park" performed by Nick Straker Band at Everyhit.com database.
- Billboard Club Play Chart. Allmusic.com.
- Search for "Nick Straker Band" performed at Everyhit.com database.
- Billboard R&B. Allmusic.com.
- Nick Straker Band' discography, II.